HybridZ

Some progress pix from the body shop

RB26240Z

The roll bar and the stitch welding was done by the master himself (john coffey/Betamotorsports). As far as the stitching, I think any re-inforcement(spelling) done to a 240 is beneficial.

Thanks for the compliments, I'll pass it on to J.C., I will post more pix as it progresses. Next step after body shop will be suspension and then the engine & tranny.

awesome!

quick questions (forgive me for being a stupid newB).

-What is the difference between media blasting and sand blasting?

-Why stitch welding as opposed to running one long bead down the entire seam?

-Where did you get the floor pans? DId you cut out the old ones and then weld these in, or is there another process?

-What color are you going to paint it?

Guest 73LT1Z
awesome!

Quick questions (forgive me for being a stupid newB).

-What is the difference between media blasting and sand blasting?

-Why stitch welding as opposed to running one long bead down the entire seam?

-Where did you get the floor pans? Did you cut out the old ones and then weld these in' date=' or is there another process?

-What color are you going to paint it?[/quote']

What he said & a few more:

I'm looking at a rotisserie & what brand & type of brackets did you buy on yours?

Any hindsight as to this brand vs. buying another brand? I'm looking at the Roto 2000:

http://www.theroto2000.com/

Would it be better to have wheels or casters on it (thinking of blasting on the driveway to keep the mess out of the garage & would like to roll the whole thing in & out)?

Great job on all the work BTW, I need some motivation to strip mine down & get to "blasting".

The welding process also makes the metal a bit more brittle. A lot of people thaink that a solid seam is better, but racers have found that a solid seam in a torsional area will crack on one side (or both sides) of the seam.

By stitch welding, you leave some of the metal a little more flexible/tensile and get the benefit of having more area welded together as opposed to the standard spaced spot welding.

Thanks for the comments : )

As far as the stitch welding, I think it gives it more flexibility as mentioned by the previous post, unless someone else has more to chime in on this.

If you got to eastwood web site under media blast, you will find different medias with detailed description of the pros and cons.

The floor pans I ordered from Victoria British, the old ones were cut out, and new ones welded in by John Coffey (Betamotorsport).

After a long wait in deciding which color to go with, this color is from a c55 AMG (gun powder grey) I saw it at the body shop where my car is.