HybridZ

To flare or not to flare....flip flopping

Tim240z

Ya know.. I was gona jump in here, but I'm thikng I'm probly out-classed.. what with my prety much STOCK 280z.. No flares.. No V8, just an angry inline 6 (angry, but not really that powerfull.. :( ) and tiny little 205/50 tires.. I couldn't flare my car out anyway, it wouldn't fit in the garage anymore! :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General "Buck" Turgidson:Uh, so let's get going, there's no other choice (Than to flare). God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids.

I finally found the movie quotes from Dr. Strangelove, and have amassed a sh!htload of ammunition for snappy, preverted comebacks.

Do it Tim!

Moridin: I have 15X10" wheels for my drag radials, am waiting to get the larger flares done so I can see how big a Mickey Thompson drag radial (Height - and - width - wise) I can get under there. Looking at the 325/50-15.

No matter what you do, the "grass is always greener on the other side." Many times I think I'd like a clean, untouched body. But when I had one, I thought I wanted huge flares. So.....Let the car talk the walk, and walk the talk. Balance the form with function (and visa versa). A flare on a car makes much the same statement as torn out sleeves and neck on a tight T-shirt on a body builder. He's got big guns in those arms, and your car will too. So flaunt the fact that "I can't fit in my clothes" and push the dang wheels out. It doesn't have to be huge, but enough to say "think about it first!!."

The wheels in my sig pic are 17X9 and the existing 285/40-17s rub slightly on the IMSA flares. The 280YZ's will be perfect for the 10.5 X17s with 315/35 -17s. I've measured, and a test fit of the 10.5s with 315s confirms.

My IMSA flares only yield a little more than 1" of extra width over the stock config, while the YZs add a true 3 extra inches.

John at Reaction Research has reported that my kit has been shipped. Woo Hoo!

Can't wait to get more deviated than I am now.