HybridZ

a little more progress on the Z

Well i see everyone else is making some progress i thought id turn in my report.

Axles are ordered... this will complete the rearend and should be assembled by memorial day. the rearend is in the car but have not ordered shocks. waiting on the final weight of the car to do that. Car should be off the chassis table by friday and by memorial day be working on tin work. Still have a bunch left to do on it but at least its moving forward now :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Latest news!!!! Axles are still not here. 4 hours of welding still left on the chassis, Tin work. Pickup date set and guaranteed at 19 of June.....

I have several bets on whether it will make it or not... funny thing is not a single sole would bet that it would be done by the 19th and ready for pickup :twak: Me being one of them :toetap05:

Either way I gave notice that the car will be picked up sometime on the weekend of the 19th. Still no pictures though. Have not been able to catch him at the shop. :fmad:

Still no Pics!!!! BUT the rearend is assembled and is only waiting on the axles to finish it up. Car is scheduled for pickup on saturday!!!!! wont be as far as originally agreed but will be on all 4 wheels. the MOC up tranny will be installed till after the big edmonton race next week. still needs brake lines and seat brackets, and all the wiring and gages still need to be insttalled. Atleast i will have something to do other then yardwork!!!!!! i hate yard work. :twak:

17 jun 2005 and there has been substantial progress!!!!!!!

the car is shock mounts and shocks from being a roller. the axles are here and just have to be installed and brakes installed, then wheels. Still has lots of stuff left but it looks like its ove the almost at the top of the hill.

axle.jpg

cage4.JPG

cage_rearend.JPG

cage6.JPG

cage5.JPG

cage2.JPG

cage1.JPG

• 2 months later...

Well Chassis is all welded up... all that is left is the tin work. Its about 30% done to this point. dont have any new pics just thought I'd update this thread. GOD DAMN ITS TAKING A LONG TIME!!!!!!! :twak:

IS it worth it? You guys tell me Im starting to get REAL impatient with this.

Hopefully this will kind of cool me down a bit.

As most of you know my car has been under the knife getting a full up round tube chromoly chassis built (pics above). This coming February will be the 2 year mark of the drop off date. I was quoted a certain amount of money and that the car would be done in 3-6 months… for sure by the end of that years season ( 9 months) well Its still not done. I have been extremely patient as I thought I was getting a great deal… somewhat of a sponsorship… Here’s what its getting

Full chromoly chassis. ( floor and trans tunnel removed from firewall back)

Custom aluminum dash

2 racing seats

A race built 2 speed glide with transbrake

A Ford 8.8 (pics above) with 33 spine shafts, spool, gears, and willwood brakes, ( all new)

The chassis will be certified and when it finally makes it on the track this guy is going to license me :>

All this for around 7500.00 the converter will be extra when and if we ever make it there. It also includes all the little stuff like notching the strut tower to clear the huge t-88 (hits pretty hard the way the motor sits in it now)

As far as i can tell im getting a pretty good deal..... i have been getting told lately stuff like you need to call the cops and go get your car before something happens.... stuff like that.

What do you guys think.... hold out and get the car fininshed... or call it quites suck up my losses and finish myself ( would envolve getting a TIG and actually learning how to weld :>)

Guest JAMIE T

Wait it out. It'll be worth it in the end. But, I'm confused. In the first part you said it was 30% complete, then you said all in that's left is tin work, then you said to finish it yourself, you'd need to buy a TIG to complete it. You certainly don't need a TIG to do the tin work. Anyway, good luck.

All this for around 7500.00 the converter will be extra when and if we ever make it there. It also includes all the little stuff like notching the strut tower to clear the huge t-88 (hits pretty hard the way the motor sits in it now)

As far as i can tell im getting a pretty good deal..... i have been getting told lately stuff like you need to call the cops and go get your car before something happens.... stuff like that.

What do you guys think.... hold out and get the car fininshed... or call it quites suck up my losses and finish myself ( would envolve getting a TIG and actually learning how to weld :>)

Stony, I think you got a good deal but that's also why you probably don't have your car running at this point. Generally any shop that does a "sponsor" type deal ends up taking a lot longer as they get other paying jobs in. I'd wait it out if you can.

If it is any consolation my project has been going on for about four years so I understand the frustration. In may case I have no one to blame but me. So I envy you a little in that respect.

Cary