HybridZ

Can I get Standard Big Brake Replacement Parts?

They're CHEAP. My 12" Wilwood rotors were ~$40 each, and you don't replace the hat. There were cheaper rotors available, but I sprung for the curved vane. Could have had straight vane for ~$33 each. Pads won't be found at the local auto parts store for the Wilwoods, but they're also readily available and inexpensive. Shop around, but I think you'll find these are some of the best prices avaliable.

http://www.behrents.com/brakes.htm

http://www.pitstopusa.com/brake_system.htm

EDIT--I think if you get the heavier one piece rotor from MM then it is a Vette rotor. The lighter setup is a 13" Wilwood style rotor. Also the MM setup uses Vette pads in front and 240SX pads in back IIRC.

I did a LOT of research in this area...

The Wilwood replacement parts for their GT series 13inch rotor kit we just put on Jim's car were about $340 for the pair of rotors. Jamie said that SUmmit Racing sold them much cheaper, so that is an option. I don't know who Ross sources his rotors through, but you'd want to find out and budget for them.. If they are Coleman Racing, then they won't be to bad. However, If they are something gucci, it could get expensive...

The calipers from the kit are cheap, OEM, and easy to rebuild. So you should be able to maintain them for a long time. The only reason I went with Jamie's setup over Ross' (And I've got both in house right now, selling one) was the OEM replacement rotor. I"m using them on the Vette and used them on our Mustang and they wear pretty good and last a while. If you use agressive race pads, you will eat through any pad quicker.

Mike

Guest JAMIE T

To clarify what Mike is talking about. I am personally using Wilwoods two piece rotor conversion for the Cobra Mustang. The kit was in the $700 range and included pads and SS lines. I used these parts to add some bling and shed a few pounds from the recip weight. It's true, I sprung for the boy racer cross-drilled and slotted "look at me" rotors. I can easily swap out the rotors for some super duty track rotors or even OEM Cobra Brembo's if need be. In fact, I hadn't thought of it until just now, I could just use the wilwoods for shows and such and run stock(Cobra) Brembo's dialy driving.

I made the hubs to work with stock Cobra parts. I had 5 sets made and they are all sold. I have no plans on making anymore unless something freak happens. I am working on one pair modifying them to work with '03 Mustang GT brakes. 11" vented rotors and PBR twin piston calipers. Perfect for fitting under 15" wheels. Though he is using 16's.

Oh, and the Calipers in MM's extreme 13" kit are exactly the same as Cobra calipers. They are NOT Vette calipers.