HybridZ

240 sx tps sensors

randy 77zt

went to get a new 240sx tp sensor.the parts counters are showing a difference between automatic and manual trans applications.anybody know the difference?i am installing megasquirt-want all new parts.i have an old twm throttle body for a z but i am making an adaptor plate for the tps.

i have the intake matched for the twm throttle body.it was a bolt on and linkage is fits.i like the feel of oem z throttle linkage.the throttle body is a little over 60mm.making an aluminum plate to hold tps is easier the reworking throttle linkage.i swapped out a stock one a few years back on a zx that my buddy had for sale.so i got a free throttle body.the local pick&pulls dont have any ka24 tps sensors-they are always gone.from the picture it looks the tps might bolt on.

The Auto Trans 240SX in a particular year range used a "Dual" TPS. It contained a Position Sensor on a pigtailed connector, and a Position Switch for the Transmission control computer. As I understand it, this was one year only, or maybe a series of years till the Engine and Transimssion ECU were made compatible, and could use the same signal.

• 2 weeks later...