HybridZ

Pics of my RB25DET Z31.. 56k warning!

Dramier

Just thought I'd post and share the pictures I've already posted on several boards.. These were taken today.

She's running like a champ, and now I've got a ton of non-engine work to get started on, as you can tell by the pictures.

a567a1be.jpg

1f1321f3.jpg

8d2fd8bd.jpg

21b8680b.jpg

rbz31_9.jpg

rbz31_8.jpg

rbz31_7.jpg

rbz31_11.jpg

rbz31_5.jpg

rbz31_4.jpg

rbz31_3.jpg

rbz31_10.jpg

rbz31_2.jpg

rbz31_1.jpg

Is it EVER a tight fit...

The front clears about 1.5"... that's all. The hood -barely- closes. The tranny area had to be hammered out to squeeze it in.. The radiator was relocated almost 2" down and forward, and the center brace in the lower front was cut out completely.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

It was NOT an easy swap. The 200ZR mounts don't work' date=' and you have to make all the mounts from scratch for the motor, tranny, etc.

Alot of shuffling, cutting, hammering and squeezing to get things to fit.[/quote']

Well enjoy the fruits of your labor!

It was NOT an easy swap. The 200ZR mounts don't work' date=' and you have to make all the mounts from scratch for the motor, tranny, etc.

Alot of shuffling, cutting, hammering and squeezing to get things to fit.[/quote']

WOW great swap, Nice sleeper look as well. I bet there were some choice words when shoe horning it in there eh? Looks great and YES. Please bring her to SEZS6..

Thats surprising!!!!! i have helped a guy do the swap in japan for a rb25 with the rb20 mounts and it bolted right in. This was on a z31 that had an rb20 maybe all the other stuff that is in the rb20 Z31 needs to be swapped to like the J spec car????

Does look good... one question though... is that header wrap on the intake?