HybridZ

Racing Rotors for 260z

Gday everyone,

i have a 260z and last time i was out racing gave the car a good workout and really killed the already slightly warped brakes, now it is quite noticable and so i need to do something about them. i believe the brake upgrade is from a hilux (toyota 4x4) but the rotors i currently have a solid so i am looking for a set that are vented and with 4-8 slots. only restriction is that they need to fit the calipers and that they need to fit in the 14" stock wheels on the car.

anyone know what is available and how much i could expect to pay?!

Thankyou,

Tom.

WHITTIE, I'm not certain on this but, I think the 280ZX front brake conversion (Terry Oxandale's street conversion) may fit within a 14" steel wheel. Check out the archives for brake conversions. This setup uses a 300ZX vented rotor, turned down to fit under a 280ZX front caliuper. Add a 15/16" master cylinder, some good pads and some S.S. flex lines and you should feel a big improvement over the stock brakes.

There are no vented rotors that just bolt on with out a spacer. If you are using 14" wheels chances are the car doesn't have enough power to get to the speeds on a track that would require big brakes. Could be wrong though. New rotor, removing the dust sheilds, and a race- race/street type pad would make a big improvement. If you are set on vented, Modern motorsprots sells everything you need. If you are running Vipers and ZO6's down the straights I would get big brakes.

to 260det - i have the 14" stockies for the street and a set of 15X7's with racing rubber for the track.

yes i have comp pads and yes i get to speeds that require the big brakes, thus the reason i need new ones because the old ones where not big enough. i wanted vented so that hopefully this time they wont warp.

det if you know anyone is aus that sells something without a ridiculous price tag - i was quoted 680 for the 280zx upgrade that was mentioned - then if you could send me some details that would be great. btw. what rakes do you use?

Tom.

yes i have comp pads and yes i get to speeds that require the big brakes' date=' thus the reason i need new ones because the old ones where not big enough. i wanted vented so that hopefully this time they wont warp.[/quote']

I wouldn't consider 280ZX brakes big. Hate to see you spend good money on something just a little better. ZX's are marginally bigger but not big. You can still warp a vented rotor and boil the fluid if you get them hot enough.