HybridZ

Ricer mentality

auxilary

from a civic forum:

ok pos_dodge, forst off I know what i'm talking about i don't know if you do. welded torque boxes? must be a new name for them and quad shock? I don't know what kind of car or what year you are talking about but i worked at ford so don't argue with me on this. yes the right american cars can be made fast easy and cheap. you can lower them, put gears in them, intake exhaust. small things and the will be fast i'm not saying that. nobody in here is. any car can be made fast.my point is and I should have explained this in my last post. the problem i'm talking about is with like 2000-2001 mustang gt. older cars are great and will get traction. newer "muscle cars" will break always and never get traction. why you know why. they are rear wheel drive and that already doesn't have good traction like front wheel drive. and on top of that they are on unibodies. unibodies don't mix with rear wheel drive cars. older domestics are fast and don't break because they are on a frame. but whatever, you're quad shock can't come out without taking away from the structure....big risk

mind you, this is in a forum that has about 5 civic owners, and the rest own everything else from awd dsms to camaros and corvettes

Guest Battle Pope
they are rear wheel drive and that already doesn't have good traction like front wheel drive.

Someone honor this guy with the prestigious Boot to the Face award.

:o

Guest JAMIE T

LOL, that retard must be talking about Mustangs. They do have quad shocks(also called kicker shock to help prevent wheel hop) and the torque boxes(upper control arm mounts in the body) are regularly welded and reinforced to prevent them from tearing out.

Jeez, Fricken idiots!, God!

That guy is a total joke, he wouldn't know traction if he was a rear tire on a top fuel dragster.

fost off...got to start framing those Datsuns and make a real turque box out of them for traction... gear them and put exhaust on them and still no good without traction... need front wheel drive for that action

LMAO...good one! I gess Id butter be cairful cuz Ives got no frame unders me Datsun...lol.

Guest 260ondubs

Even if we submitted and played along with this crock, there would be all sorts of excuses as to why his civic isn't getting traction (with his sweet polished intake and everything...... damn). Maybe we'll have to put those D series SOHC clunkers in (with intakes) to feel the burn (and pull).

from a civic forum:

mind you' date=' this is in a forum that has about 5 civic owners, and the rest own everything else from awd dsms to camaros and corvettes[/quote']

That guy should come over here and explain that to my parent's 03 Cobra. I'm sure the unibody and horrible traction of the RWD setup does wonders for it.

Works for Ford? Exactly the reason my family never takes cares to the dealer if they can avoid it.

And people wonder why we run this site the way we have for so long... :roll:

These trolls are everywhere on the web... we do our best to keep them out. What's sad is that azzclown is going to go out and knock some young girl up, in the process making her more stupid in the process, and will then go on to raise some little urchin that will no doubt be another stellar example of our "future"! :lmao:

And they wonder why I drink! :roll:

Mike:cool:

Obviously no one explained the principals of weight transfer to him!

Guy

It's obvious why he doesn't understand rwd traction.

There is no such thing as weight transfer when you are driving a honda.

(Credit due: My cousin drives a civic that is unbelievably fast. Found to be the exeption, not the rule, however)

There is always the flagrant extremist - and usually they can neither spell nor create a truly cohesive thought. I have seen many posts that I just don't bother to read or waste my time replying because the language is so mutilated It makes it hard for me to understand, much less try to properly reply.

This is not a ricer only thing although they seem to do it more than the average. Must be some kind of ghetto tough guy image thing. I have a lot of respect for the craftsmanship of the cars I see in the DFW area both cosmetically and drivetrain wise, though. The last time I was at Ennis there was a Honda Civic that ran a 10.6 or 10.8 quarter mile. Heck of a lot faster than any of the Z's out there that night. It's too bad there are so many loud mouth idiots that continually draw lightning strikes. They give the others a really bad name.