HybridZ

Engine and T-56 transmission install update!

Guest tony78_280z

I have never seen anyone drop a motor on the side of the street. Get any funny stares? Any dumb comments?

Onlooker: "Motor Problems?"

HybridZer: "Nah this one got out and ran off. We finaly caught it about 40 miles from here and are now returning it to it's pen."

Onlooker: "What-chu doin?"

HybridZer: "Stealing this motor. Keep an eye out for cops."

Onlooker: "What-chu doin?"

HybridZer: "Changing the oil. The oil pan plug is stuck so we gotta turn the motor upside down and drain it out the fill cap."

Onlooker: "Is that a chevy motor you are putting in that Nissan?"

HybridZer: *does double take* "Damn!, that parts guy sold me the wrong motor!"

Onlooker: "Are you sure you are doing that right?"

HyridZer: *just stares*

Onlooker: "My cousin's-nephew's-exroomate had a 350 in a 240z. Man it was fast!"

HybridZer: *rolls eyes, and prepares to hear another story*

:)

And now for something completely different. On your webapge, In your motor specs, you state...

• Port and Polished heads
  • Bowels Blented
  • Motor bored .030 over, file cut rings

What are Bowels Blented? That sounds like a painful night on the toilet!!

That is a nice looking motor going into a nice looking Z (except those rims! sorry, I don't like 'em) Keep up the good work and keep coming with the updates!

Onlooker: "Is that a chevy motor you are putting in that Nissan?"

HybridZer: *does double take* "Damn!' date=' that parts guy sold me the wrong motor!"[/size']

Onlooker: "My cousin's-nephew's-exroomate had a 350 in a 240z. Man it was fast!"

HybridZer: *rolls eyes, and prepares to hear another story*

That is a nice looking motor going into a nice looking Z (except those rims! sorry, I don't like 'em) Keep up the good work and keep coming with the updates!

Thats some funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh. It's kinda funny...about a year and a half ago I told my dad that i wanded to get a 240Z and drop a Chevy 350 into her. He blinked twice, looked at me and said "I did that back in '78. I have pictures too, see take a look." WHAT!? Z cars must run in the blood or something. He got all excitied and was telling me the best things to do etc, etc. I thought that was a trip. Anyways, the rims are going when i do my 5 lug conversion, so dont worry. Im not too fond of them either. I think im going to paint the gold part black for the time being. I got a guy that will hook me up with body work, prep and painting for about $1000. Midnight blue with a blue pearl and black trim under a protective layer of clearcoat.

ooooo BABY!

Guest 73LT1Z

LOL @ the onlooker comments.

Must be nice living in a neighborhood w/o any "Nazis" that get upset when you wrench on your car on your property. One thing I don't miss since my guys are now in their own 2400 SF neighborhood :).

I'd rethink the cooling fan- it looks like a Perma-Cool, and they grossly over rate their airflow (I found this out the hard way when I adapted two of their 12" fans on my TA after I added the ATI Procharger). The lack of a decent shroud will hurt as well.