HybridZ

Made It To Japan

Corzette

Just checking in...we are finally here in Japan at the base of Mt Fuji. What a long trip! Ill post more later but am looking for local junk yards and the location of the Tokyo dragway. I will get some vids if possible of the local rockets to post sometime. Can anyone tell me what cars are good to look for parets from are. Silvias, Infinitys, Skyline GTS or GTR, Nissan types? etc...any input is good. Im wanting to score on diffs and axles if possible etc.. Ill be in touch...out.

Terry

Guest ON3GO

glad to see you got there safe.

if ya find some black fender mirrors ill take a set or 2!

also fairlady Z badges and or a RHD good dash!

lol

mike

Glad you made it ok! So, now that we have you as an infiltrator to the junkyards and whole rice situation there, I guess we need to find out how to get funds to you in order to ship us "stuff". If you think we can whip some bootie at the track, see if those rich ricers will ship their cars over for some match racing! Instead of a SEZ, maybe we could have a Western z shootout, or a western rice massacre, whichever the case may be!

Terry,

Glad you made it there in one piece. Good luck fishing around the wrecking yards. Got to be some interesting stuff over there.

Mike

If you want to get parts to sell, here a few things I'd be looking for:

-Silvia/180SX VLSDs (If you get an S15 HLSD, be sure to get the shafts)

-180SX Kouki Type-X Calipers

-S15 GT28 turbos (be sure to get the Spec R turbos, you can tell the difference between a Spec S and Spec R because the Spec R has a divider between the wastegate and exhaust ports)

-S15 headlights (strawberry face conversions are popular, brand new, these cost upwards of $650, people would gladly pay half that for used ones)

-S13 Silvia headlights (the non-projector and tri-projector are the most popular)

-Factory options for Silvias and 180SXs (like fog lights, factory ground effects, etc.)

-RB20 transmissions

-And alot of other things that I don't have time to list...

Thanks for the concern guys. Well Im just now getting a van for the family today...its a Honda StepVan (sorry to say that) but comes with GPS, TV and killer stereo and is a 1998 for only $3000 so I couldnt pass it up. We are going to Yokota tomorrow to look for another car FOR ME! We still have to find a house too. My shipment wont be in till late July and I wont be up and comfortable for about two months or so. After I get settled I will strategize on a side business. I have the contacts here already that will help me out. Id say in 90 days I can start making a list of parts available with prices etc. I really hope I can find several diffs axles calipers etc etc...but who knows. Ill try to take some pics of some of the cars here as I have already seen some TOTALLY AWESOME rides that are just AWESOME looking. Ill try to make a new album in my website for them. Ill be in touch!!!! Mike go get those 10s!!!

Terry

There is no Infiniti in Japan. So just ship us lots and lots of Nissan stuff :D

-Silvia/180SX VLSDs (If you get an S15 HLSD, be sure to get the shafts)

the only one worth bothering with is the S15 HLSD, the VLSDs from the Silvia/180SX are the same as the ones available in the US, except the JDM ones need JDM halfshafts or USDM j30 halfshafts. And definately make sure you have the output shafts for the S15 diff!

-180SX Kouki Type-X Calipers

"Type-X" is just a trim level, there is nothing different about those calipers compared to any other S13 caliper. There is no point in spending the money for JDM S13 calipers when you can do bigger brakes from USDM cars for less money and hassle

-S15 GT28 turbos (be sure to get the Spec R turbos, you can tell the difference between a Spec S and Spec R because the Spec R has a divider between the wastegate and exhaust ports)

wrong. Spec-S is NA, Spec-R is turbo. The cast divider wall is in manual transmission S15s, the non-wall turbo is from an automatic model. Both work fine, since most people get aftermarket turbo elbows anyway.

Go to the junkyards and get plenty of S13 and S15 headlights :D Look for S13 turn signals too, the USDM ones are all amber and the JDM are half amber and half clear, much nicer looking. You can probably grab a set of turn signals for $10 and sell them to someone in the US for $75 shipped. If you can find late-model ("kouki") 180SX rear taillights, they go for $550-$650 new in the US (be sure to get the metal trim panel as well... so 4 pieces in all).

Sorry B' date=' yeah Im here for 3 to 5 years...its up to us..all I can say is the money is great and Im not getting any younger so I think we will stay awhile!

CZ[/quote']

PURE AWESOMENESS

I was born in Okinawa via my dad being a marine.

I want to go back some day...