HybridZ

Wish I'd Had My Camera

Phantom

Without a doubt I saw the ugliest car I have ever seen yesterday. I drove past it on the way to the gym. It was some kind of a full custom body kit, Ferrari side panels, etc. with a triple - yes I said TRIPLE - wing on the rear. Wheels and tires were inset about 8" from the edge of the body and it ws all primered. I couldn't tell what model car it was on. I'll take my camera with me tonight in case it is still there.

Guest Battle Pope

Did it have a C5 Corvette rear-end? There's a crappy Honda that's been floating around the net with TX plates on it that sounds like what you're describing.

the other day an old celica (i'd say about an 87) pulled up next to me with a loud loud exhaust, and the wing was in the MIDDLE of the window. not on the trunk, not on top of the roof like on civic hatch backs, but in the direct middle of the window.

I laughhhhhed.

the other day an old celica (i'd say about an 87) pulled up next to me with a loud loud exhaust' date=' and the wing was in the MIDDLE of the window. not on the trunk, not on top of the roof like on civic hatch backs, but in the direct middle of the window.

I laughhhhhed.[/quote']

You sure it wasnt an older Supra? They had wings near the top of the rear window...

Guy

Guest Battle Pope

Yeah, the '82-'85.5 Supra had that from the factory. It wasn't a wing, though, because it didn't create downforce. It was actually more of a sunshade.

Battle Pope - I saw it again last night. You're right - it has a C5 butt grafted on - and to think it lives just a mile from me. There goes the neighborhood! Then again - the place it's parked at makes a salvage yard look tidy so at least it's consistent. Where are the zoning law nazi's when you need them?

Guest Battle Pope
nope

it was definetly a celica

at least it said "celica gts" on the back

That generation of Supra was an elevated trim of the Celica liftback, with a different nose and engine. The hatches on those like to rust out so they probably stuck a Supra hatch on a Celica. Or just put a Supra "wing" on the Celly.

Actually stopped atnd talked with the owner for a few minutes last night. The car started life as an '87 Acura Integra 4-door. It now is a two door. It still has the stock drivetrain which explains why the tires set so far in. The Integra obviously wasn't as wide as a C5.