HybridZ

more HP?!?!?1

binsayer

hey guys few months ago i baught a 240z for my brother it has an L28 engine its slightly modified SU carbs, not sure what cam but not stock and high comp pistons, we dynoed the z it made 150 RWHP anyways he called me last night and said he knows a guy who can make his car get up to 220 RWHP by putting in a cam and changing the head, i know this can never happen but if anyone can prove me wrong please tell me and just for your info this guy know nothing about Z cars all he knows about is mustangs with 4.6

Actually, I'll bet the 220 mark would be attainable.. I've heard of some people taking serious amounts of material off the head.. (like .060"!) the p90 (turbo) is the best flowing head as far as I know. . Then some good working of the head and a nice cam, combined with flat top pistons and say triple carbs.. you'd be making some good power, but it'd be expencive and a little hard to stay 'streetable' I would think..

laff.

i made 192 with stock su's. aside from the sm needles. on a stock n47 head.

if you know what you're doing with the carbs, and the engine itseld it can be done. it has been done. and it has been done on su's

mines a 3.1, hence the higher then normal numbers. and a puny cam, with a crappy tune.

su's have been recorded as high as 270 rwhp.not stock ones though.

Guest bastaad525

220rwhp is pretty up there for a 100% stock block (read: non bored/stroked)motor.

Don't think I've heard anyone getting that high on stock block and SU's, but some really good head work and cam might just do it or get you really close.

I think the max I've heard of on a stock 2.8 is around 200rwhp.

I had an overbored 2.8 which was technically a 2.9, but not stroked, some mild head work, medium cam, and SU's, and put down 170rwhp. I would have expected another 20-30 from some 'real' headwork.

What would Norm's car have to have to run that 12.80 Sec 1/4 mile at 107mph?

I mean' date=' that's with stock bored SU's... And pistons he "milled" using sandpaper on his driveway...[/quote']

Norm is my hero. I mean, come on... look at what the guy has accomplished and also look at how he does it. :2thumbs:

!M!