HybridZ

Whhaa?! MSA now sells SS downpipes for us turbo guys?!

Guest bastaad525

About f'in time!!! This is really great news, hopefully it doesn't end up being one of those things that they are always sold out of.

The price is reasonable, just about what they usually go for when various guys do one-off runs of them. And good news for us that we don't have to wait for someone to decide to do a run of them. My luck has always been me being broke when someone does.

Great news indeed :) And everyone's DP's usually end up looking like Scottie's :D

what WAS the price on those...

Damn, I guess I better check the link!

I was in there TODAY, and nobody said SH*T about them! They lost a SALE today...

Had I known, one would have been in my truck for the drive back home this afternoon!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they put some thought into the termination so that their already produced 2.5" N/A exhaust will bolt right up.

That is how the JDM stuff was designed. One exhaust, but either a header, or a turbo downpipe.

Made the swap easy easy easy!

$299 for Stainless. I can polish it myself...

So much for JeffP's 3" DP Project that he approached them about earlier this year.

Yeah, I was gonna say I got mine from Scottie for a song! I wonder if the MSA unit fits a T5 tranny, I still have to use my spacer and notched bellhousing. With that nice 45 degree departure, I find it hard to believe it will fit a ZX....

I have a hard time believing that will fit in a zx, too. The aluminumized steel one i had built had to go nearly straight down and then straight back to clear the tranny and firewall. Also, what about guys with turbo upgrades? I know for sure that would never bolt up to my turbo outlet. :(

I'm in the middle of doing the l28et swap. If you guys think it's a good design, I'll be a lemming and try it out. Only thing I find odd, is there's no flange for bolting the bottom to the rest of the exhaust.

I'm in the middle of doing the l28et swap. If you guys think it's a good design, I'll be a lemming and try it out. Only thing I find odd, is there's no flange for bolting the bottom to the rest of the exhaust.
Scottie put a 3 bolt flange on the pipes he made, but I couldn't find any of the right hardware to connect my 3" pipe to it. Most 3 bolt flanges are designed to neck down, not expand. I cut the flange off mine and connected a reducer cone (inverted to go to 3" from 2-1/2") and clamped with with a band clamp. They work well, I would not be concerned about no flange.

Lemming, hell, I got my wife's 260ZT conversion DONE and that's why I'm griping about them not telling me they had it available. I JUST moved the car off the stands, and to install that pipe would have been GREAT since it WILL have a stock turbine housing (wife's car remember, nothing more than 300hp...) so that would have COMPLETED my "under the car dirty work"!

I'm willing to be a piggie, too, but now I'm headed out of town...probably till SEPTEMBER, so much for getting the thing installed promptly!

Bastards!

LOL

That kinda sucks for us 280zx guys, I am looking every were for a dp or any type of exhaust for that matter. No exhaust shops in Maine will touch the job, and plus If I use 3" piping "Ill lose all my power." Does any one know if JeffP is going to do another exhaust build?

Guest bastaad525
No exhaust shops in Maine will touch the job, and plus If I use 3" piping "Ill lose all my power."

If I only had a dollar for every dumb *** muffler/exhaust shop guy who has tried to talk me out of a 3" exhaust for this very reason.... then I'd probably have enough to buy one of those MSA downpipes :)

A**holes

Anyways, I may buy one of these DP's soon... a friend of mine who lives very close to me just let on that he has a welder and all the stuff to do an exhaust at his house. So he offered if I wanted to buy the pipe he would install and weld it all up for me... that just cut a lot of money of the cost of doing the exhaust, I can get the 90* bends and muffler I want for less than $100. So I'll save up a little more and maybe do the DP with it.

They are either lazy or stupid or both.

My vote is "both"!

My father-in-law has a Camaro with some hellacious GM engine in it... LT1 or whatever. Crankdistributor, blah blah blah. Local shop there in Michigan was doing his exhaust and told him he "didn't need those second O2 sensors in there, just tape up the harness"

BWAHAAAT??????

Told him to go back, make them ADD the bungs for FREE, and beat the hell out of the idiot who said that. Amazingly when he went back with my explanation of how OBDII works, checking before and after cat 2 signals, they said something like "no sh*t?" and then added "maybe that is why our check engine light comes on all the time"....

Uh, DUUUUUH!

Muffler Men are not on the top of the Engineering Food Chain apparently. Those fools back there didn't even know about the little Dongle you can plug in that gives the ECU a dummy signal so the OBD system does not record and error.

And the bad thing, the REALLY REALLY REALLY bad thing is that I (forgive me guys) really can't stand V-8's, and have never owned one! I am not even UP on the technology on them, yet even I knew about those things! That really is pathetic when you think about it...

I mean hell, I only peruse the Summitt Catalog probably once a year to "see what's out there"... I suggested my F-I-L not return to that shop, and when I am there in August, I am going down to the shop to "talk" with them about the work they did on his Camaro.

Idiots. Moron, Lazy Idiots.

I guess I would use three adjectives to discribe them, not just two! LOL