HybridZ

LS2 in the way!

Hi,

I won an auction from ebay today!

It should be on the way soon i have to scheduale the pick up tomorrow.

I'm located in the bay area.

I will need someone to do my swap, I dont have any experience on swaps so i have to pay for it.What i'm trying to say is would anyone from here be interested in doing this swap for me in a future?

Thank you!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am REALLY interested to hear how this swap goes. The GTO's have an odd oil pan with a front sump and oil filter that looks totally incompatible with the stock Z cross member. The first idea is to replace the pan with one from a Camaro and install a remote oil filter, but I have no idea how the oil pump tube is mounted in the pan.

Lots of pictures.

Well my car has been in my garage for the past year and a half so what would 10 year more do to it! j/k

There will be pictures if its possible

Ah' date=' so this is obviously a smog legal swap since you are dropping it in a '77? Cool. Lot's of pictures...

Davy[/quote']

hello,

i can't help you with the swap ...

but if you are looking for a knowledgeable shop to give you an estimate ...

stop by corvette center at the corner of reed and lafeyette in santa clara.

shop is on right side about a mile past the university of santa clara ...

i have known max for around 18 years ... pat patterson trusts him with his original 64 corvette grand sport ... i think there are only 7 of em in the world. last i heard, appraised at over 250,000 dollars, american ...

he's honest and straight up ... during el nino, roughly 1983-84 , i was working 10 to 12 hr days 7 days a week, for around 39 days. my vette broke down. no garage and no time. i called max, he arranged a tow truck, got it to his shop.

big block oil pump in small block chevy ( prev owner ) ... bolts were too short, came loose. broke off a chunk of the block, dropped pump into the pan. being as this was a factory number matching LT-1/ZR-1 he took it upon himself to save the block and the value of my vette. 4 or 5 experts had told him to forget it, block was toast. he was able to fix it.

years back he dropped a smog legal turbo charged big block chevy into a 7 series bmw. looked like the factory installed it.

3 days after its maiden voyage, while showing off to a man driving a porsche, the owner stood on it and breaking the tires loose at 120 mph on 280 near hiway 92, ending up sideways .. he was able to collect it ... other than a stain in his brooks brothers slacks no harm done.

week later, bmw was back in max's shop for a detuning ...

anyway ... give max a call, tell him wayne the phone man said to call ...

see if he can't help you ...

go north on laffeyette ... cross over el camino, go under railroad tracks, start looking for all the vettes on your right side ...

Well i'm hoping mike (mas280) can do this swap.

i talked to him and we agreed to start by winter around december/jan.

after that it up to him.

I know i could have gone lots of other ways.but find me a sbc with 6 miles that makes 400 hp.and gives you lots of gas milage.

A family member has the 05 GTO so i know i will like that engine.