HybridZ

My L28et swap page

zero

My megasquirt juust came and I'm really excited. I did read mobys guide and i was just looking for a clarification on what is involved in making "a resistor pack". I guess I'll try to pick up a 240sx throttlebody quickly. cool im so excited.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm.. yes and no...

the 240SX TPS will fit and work fine.. but the mounting brackets.. don't fit... so you can whip something up.. and secure it somehow.. but yes you can.. just find a way to mount it.

I'm excited to see this project come together!! How does the MegaSquirt unit look?! did u buy the DIYautotune.com setup?!

hehe.. keep us updated!

yea i bought a diyauto tune one. its really nice, the megasquirt is in a nice black case that seems very solid. The relay has an aluminum case and also seems quality. Now im just chasing down snesors and resistors.

Guest ON3GO

to answer ur pop off valve question.

its 6, pretty sure. never used it as i got rid of my intake manifold fast for a non-egr manifold.

you can block off most of that crap on that manifold... just keep a few fittings for a boost gauge and etc.

other wise happy boosting!

mike

Guest bastaad525

well of course if you're trying to make more power than the stock injectors support, and like me you mysteriously refuse to buy larger injectors :D then yes you would still have use for an RRFPR :D

I'm currently making quite a bit more power with the stock injectors than they are really able to support, and making up for it with an RRFPR. I'm still considering MS, and would probably stubbornly insist on working the RRFPR into the equation and sticking with the stock injectors if I ever do go MS, at least at first.

Well, at this point im goin megasquirt, so now im only really short a couple fittings to mount the coolant temp sensor in the thermostat housing, 6 6ohm 25 watt fuses, which I cant for the life of me seem to find in my area, and either a 240sx throttle body setup or at least the tps off of one. Does anyone know if the tps from a z32 300zx non turbo would work. The only reason I ask is I happen to be helping a friend part out his zx and could get one for free. I also have to get ahold of either a palm or an older laptop. I would think that it would be easier to do the initial setup from a laptop.

yes a 300ZX TPS will work.. as long as it has the 3 wire pigtail coming off of it..

same TPS unit...

as for the 6 resistors.. did you try radio shack?!

Oh.. BTW don't run megasquirt with a RRFPR or FMU.. MegaSquirt already calculates the FPR from the boost.. so it basically is an electric RRFPR or FMU..

as for the fittings... spend some time at HomeDepot =)

I ended up using about 6 different fittings.. all different sizes for the transition to be done... since they don't make a simple transition for our use.

sweet ***, free tps! As for the resistors, yea radioshack didnt have them, the highest wattage they carry was 10watts. For the fittings, i couldnt find any fittings at all whatsoever at home depot that would fit in the orginal hole, i think its metric but the closest thing was 516 and they had no fittings at all in that size. oh well stock for now i guess.

Proxlamus, what FPR do you reccomend? A stock one or an adjustable unit? I don't mean to highjack this thread at all. I have been reading all the new posts on it because I am about to go megasquirt on my 76 turbo and it has been very informative.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow i just noticed that you had posted. Well, yes there are updates..... I gave up basically. I ended up at the end of last summer not being able to get the car running, so I put my old l24 back in to get the car driveable. I am currently running around with my l24 trying to save enough money to do the swap right. I think I am going to rebuild my l28et and rewire the thing the right way and build a test bench and try to get it running outside of the car. If i can get it idling i'll swap it in my z in a weekend and get the car running. Basically I got stuck and want to try again doing everything right and not cutting corners. I want to clean up the intake manifold, and have everything new or rebuilt to start with, so it will be easier to track down problems.