HybridZ

a creative option for that next rotisserie restoration project

qwik240z

This was on a 510 list. Thought some of you might like to check it out:

Here's a gadget that's sure to meet some people's needs -- a creative

option for that next rotisserie restoration project:

http://www.liqui-technik.com/kipp2_e.html

Might also be the solution for storing 3 cars in a 2-car garage.

Looking at that, I'm glad I built my rotisserie. If you can avoid vertical welding, life is so much easier.

With the rotisserie, I can horizontal weld to my jeart's copntent, all I have to do is set up platforms to be sure I can reach everything.

Besides, with the rotisserie on wheels, I can move the car around for sandblasting and welding wherever I want.

Forget the hours spent driling and welding, but the ~ $240 in metal was worth it. (Pre-2004 price).

I have pics and a thread or two about the rotisserie on this site, if anyone cares...

Interesting device however, I don't think it even comes close to the capabilities of a rotisserie when doing a full-on restoration. As mentioned earlier, the device attaches to the suspension and appears to me to be some strange attempt at selling a wiggit with very limited use! People will buy just about anything! Just one man's opinion!

The big advantage that it has over the rotissiere is that you don't have to remove the bumpers to attach it. Mine are molded into the body fiberglass so this would work good for me if I needed to access the bottom of the car extensively. I agree about the suspension taking the load, though.

Who wants to try it first and let us all know how it works?

lol, how about you? :)

need for z: what sounds more reliable? 4 solid jackstands equally supporting weight, or a rotisserie like that?

honestly I like the concept, I would love to see it work in person and be assurred it's reliable. However, it just doesn't look like something I'd trust.

However, if you think about it, when you race your car, the horizontal g forces exerted onto the hubs are going to be greater than the car sitting on being supported by the hubs... So it's a toss up. I just don't want to be the experiment, you know?

Guest Aaron

I bet the car runs well when you sit it back down and a bunch of oil has seeped past the rings filling the combustion chamber and possibly the manifolds. :-D

need for z: what sounds more reliable? 4 solid jackstands equally supporting weight, or a rotisserie like that?

You're right about that. Besides safety issues, my problem with working under the car is that everything is "up" and I had to fight with gravity and inhaling mysterious dust falling from the car. I saw off a rusty bumper shock from lying under the car just recently, it was difficult to do.