HybridZ

"Cool" Datsun on Ebay

Jay1970Z

There are so many things that made me laugh in his description of his car. Looks like he used 1/4" plywood for the "body kit". Since he didn't use the proper plywood for outdoor use in the first place, I bet you he didn't use the proper fasteners either. I like what he said about it having never been in a wreck and it's all original body.... yeah, but now it's full of holes, and he SAYS THAT TOO! Just wait 'till it gets caught in the rain a few times... it won't get "more attention than any Ferrari" anymore! The plywood will be waving at you.

!M!

I used to own an '83 Sentra 2-dr. the same color as that one. I did manage to survive without the ground effects "package". I paid $2,200 for it and, by the time it got totalled for the second and final time, I picked up $5,200 worth of insurance claims on it. Drove it 3 years, 57,000 miles and made $3,000. Not bad.

I did have to laugh at the claim of the car being quick - even though my son once beat a Diablo in it. The owners manual claimed a rompin', stompin' 69 HP out of the carburated 1.5 I4. RWHP of course was 0 but front wheel probably came in around 57 or 58.

I like it. I think I wood have gone for the "stressed" wood look so poplar these days. A light coat of Liquid Gold wood also be another option for a more finished appearance. When finished, it could be an excellent parade car at Goodwood. :rolleyes: Can you imagine how boring life would be if we all thought the same way!

Wow, what a joke..saw a ricer car on fire along Central expressway today, everyone was ok. Probably an electrical type fire but could you imagine if it had been him. Would have been a hell of a bonfire :eek:

Mike