HybridZ

ka24 240sx throttle body Installed

twistex

was pretty simple installing .. bored out my manifold .. was going to run a 65mm tb from bmw but i ported to much and went through the side of l-series manifold .. so i welded and reported but ended up running the ka 60mm. the extra linkage on end of tb shaft for the cruis controll i took off .. used a 8 x 1.0 die and threaded the rest of the tb shaft and threded the nut tight. then i cut off the remander part of threads on shaft so it will clear intake runners without a tb spacer. i also had to cut the tb spring shaft short also. then i partially cut part of th throttle cable guide on linkage of tb. and grinded slightly on my l-manifold to get it to go full throttle wide open while bolted up. other than that is bolts right up .. same spacing on bolts. i also took off the water inlet and outlet built into the tb to clean it up .. looked kinda busy.

so anyone trying to do the swap it should be pretty simple.. i will post some pics ina few days! MEGASQUIRT WILL SOON BE POWERING MY 3.2 LD28 block / crank. if that dont work out good .. i will put my 45mm sk racing sidedraft setup on.

• 3 weeks later...

is that a kameari chain tensioner? or just an anodized head access cover?

I went to the junkyard today and tried to get a 240sx throttle body, cable and pedal... only to find out they wanted 49.50 for the TB, 12.95 for the cable, and another $24 for the pedal... screw pick a part... anyone finding any cheaper prices out there?

o can you post some pics of how the cable hooks up to your pedal? someone before said they had to modify their 240z one to get it to fit.

That does look a lot like the same stuff as in PC kits, I'm thinking it is probably anti-abrasion braided loom. Not sure of a more common name. My company manufactures heavy equipment and we use it on all our wire harnesses. In fact we use a yellow and black version that is pretty slick. Ours is braided in place over the harness, but I have seem pretty much the same stuff for sale in lengths. I have already inquired about getting my harness done, but I'm too far from finished with it....

Go to http://www.waytekwire.com and search for braid....

Jason

adam .. ok i used the hole in firewall that the ball joint stock linkage went through for the cable. drilled 2 holes 1 top 1 bottome and bolted it to the firewall. then i used the 240z pedal. to use the 240z pedal you must remove it. take the ball joint off it. drill a hole big enough for the cable to fit through where the ball use to sit on the pedal. then if you notice you must bed the area you drilled hole at the right angle so when you gas it it will pull cable straight back. then you adjust the pedal stoper on your floorpan so you dont like screw up your tb. oh btw after you put the acell cable in the hole you drilled in the pedal you must somehow attach somthing to cable to keep it in place so when you throttle it will actually pull and open throttle body. what i used was this little tiny sleave with thread inside that a little bolt screws into .. in center of the sleave is a hole big enough for cable. adjust and tighten. i wish i could have taken pics before i installed everything.. it would be much much much easier with pics :P i explained the best i could.