HybridZ

Ls1 Z Kicked Out Of Infinion Raceway!

The Z seems to go faster every week! Here's the numbers!

R/T... .183

60'... 1.710

1/8... 7.306

MPH... 96.49

1/4... 11.392 :hail:

MPH... 119.49

My class is street and the quickest you can go is 11.50. My practice runs were in order.... 11.54, 11.50, 11.46! I was warned before I reached the bleach box. If i went quicker than 11.50 I'm out of there. :toetap05: I really didn't care. My whole goal besides smoking everybody,was to get kicked out! Looks like I'm gonna have to cage the car, go to 5 point restraints, drive shaft loop and a racing jacket. Ouch!, more cash into the money pit! Then it kind of donged on my...... Whats gonna happen next week, Will they remember the car? Something tells me they will. Not to brag but.... My car gets alot of attention and sticks out like a sore thumb.

As for the Z and racing...... The car launches like a mother, hooks up great, handles well! Running 235/60/15 M/T E/T STREET RADIALS. Now has AFR heads and a Texas Speed and performance cam. Computer programming is LS1 Edit with a huge thanks to MAS280. I can't forget LS1240Z for using his dynotuned program! Yes I'm still using the R200 w/ NISMO posi. I know I'm on borrowed time! Soon to be the Q45 swap.

JOEY :rockon:

Awesome Times Joey!

Sounds like you are getting it all tuned in. Nice Job!

I am taking mine to the dragstrip tomorrow night if it doesn't rain.

Will let you know how it does. Hoping to be in the 12's. Stock motor, and I will be launching it easy as I don't want to break my R180 LSD rear.

Looks like I'm gonna have to cage the car

Congratulations on those great times. When you get your cage make sure it's certifiable into the nine seconds time because you will want to be there eventually. It's fun at first getting kicked out at the strip for being too quick. But its boring to constantly get on the brakes to keep from being too quick. And they will remember you after a while. I have been officially banned from the strip until I have a comp license and new cage. I'm working on it.

Hanns

I probably will go out to Infinion this Wednesday. See what happens. Worse that can happen is I'll get sent home. MAS280 said the same thing as TURBOMEISTER, Hit the brakes at the end. Sounds like no fun! But then again I will be out there for longer than one run.

TURBOMEISTER- Still have that cage??? I did get a some leads on a cage. Chris Alston (Chassis works in Sac) I'm told they make a cage that will work. Or LS1240Z knows of a guy in Pleasant Hill that did his cage.

What MAS280 means by exhaust work is going to larger exhaust 3 to 3.5 and manderal bends, And tuning, on a Dyno!

Z-GEEK- Where you out at the track?

Thanks for all the compliments on all that hard work!!

JOEY

11.392!!! Wow. Good Job, Joey. You're getting me fired up to start driving mine again. I drove mine about 500 miles and put it in storage (about 3 months ago). Too many honey do's since I moved, and no room for a car in the garage. Maybe I need to have a garage sale this weekend and make room for the car...

The Z seems to go faster every week! Here's the numbers!

R/T... .183

60'... 1.710

1/8... 7.306

MPH... 96.49

1/4... 11.392 :hail:

MPH... 119.49

.... Running 235/60/15 M/T E/T STREET RADIALS.

wow.. that 60' is outrageous considering the tire you're running!! Congrats!

there is definitely something to be said about lightweight and high hp.

very nice.

Guest FasterbyFosta
wow.. that 60' is outrageous considering the tire you're running!! Congrats!

there is definitely something to be said about lightweight and high hp.

very nice.

Those et street radials are breaking all the records. They are being compared to full slicks. From what I've heard and seen (From the PSCA racers I know) these tires are the best you can get for the street!

Going to tires.... My original drag radials were BGF 2's 225/50r/15. On my HRE rims 15x7.(all matched, gotta look good at the track right?) The tires hooked up well. The problem I had is after I put the heads and cam in, I was hitting the rev limiter at the end of the 1/4.(in 4th). Soooo MAS280 loaned me a set of rims 15x8 with the M/T'S. If I launch the car under 3k, the tires won't even break loose, almost like a moment of silence. Then off like a mother! 3k seems just right! Over that.... Well according to MAS280 "Something is going to break" (half shafts)!

JOEY

P.S. Soon to be Q45 swap! Then can we say 5-6 launches! Putting John's kit to the test!!!