HybridZ

Halloween Props

zlalomz

Are there any other Hybriders out there into building Halloween props or is it just me. I am using my 240Z windshield wiper motors from my 2 autocross/track 73's for an Axworthy ghost and an animated skeleton. I am also building my second and third Flying Crank Ghosts. For those who have not seen one, you will be the hit of the neighborhood. Even the toughest little guy said at the door, "I really like your ghost, man". Check out the inventor’s how-to website at http://www.phantasmechanics.com/

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of years ago I made an inflatable zombie out of some plastic sheeting, duct tape, a pair of coveralls and a leaf blower. I put the thing all slumped over in a chair next to the front porch. When the kids would come for their candy, I would warn them to watch out for the man in the chair. As I handed them their candy, I would stomp on a foot switch that turned on the leaf blower and a 500 watt work light. The leaf blower would inflate the zombie causing him to sit up in the chair. Between that, the noise of the leaf blower and the light I had a dozen kids run off screaming.

My smoke breathing 8 ft. monster with flicker flame eyes is almost done. Next is a refurbish of my giant spider (I am using fiberglass for the body so perhaps some skills gained will translate to IMSA flare molds.)

5 years down the line someone walks up to you "Man, that's some nice FG work man. Where did you learn how to do it that well?"

And you respond in a crazy/spooked voice "I learned from the nightmare they call halloweeeeeen"

• 3 weeks later...

I love halloween. Setting up the front yard for the kiddies is great!

A buddy of mine and myself were taking some pictures in this little town in a park next to a cemetary, when this dude just came out of nowwhere!

hehehe

DSC02234.jpg

Up until this year everything would break down small enought to fit in the attic. Meanie and mini-meanie (the 8ft smoke monster and his 1 1/2 ft clone) are going to live in my study. The abdomen of the spider is fiberglass and will live in the side yard. The rest of the stuff still fits in the attic. Next year I think I will need a shed to house the motley crew. All of my ideas I copied from other how to web sites. There are some serious haunters out there. Check out the work these guys do. http://www.terrorsyndicate.com

Meanie in his final resting place

IM001049.jpg

Meanie and mini-meanie

IM001048.jpg

climbing skeletons before I finished staining the upper 2. The motorized flying crank ghost is just visible in the window

climbingskeletonssmall.jpg

• 11 months later...

I'm with ZR8ED... I love halloween, it's my favorite night of the year!!

I bought this candy bowl on sale after halloween last year. It has what appears to be a severed head in it, you ever seen one? Anyhow you push a button and it's eyes move and it says some different stuff. Well, it's pretty real but I didn't figure it would fool to many kids. What a blast, one older boy goes running down the driveway 'Mom, they got a HEAD in the bowl'!! One little girl started to bawl and I felt bad and had to go 'look, it's fake, it's made out of plastic' as I'm knocking on it with my knukles. Oh yeah and my girl has a shetland (sp?) shepard (dog) and between us we have 6 cats.(two black) So we're always joking how the dog thinks it's a cat. So she finds a cat costume for the dog. Ahhh.. what a riot and the dog actually wore the thing for like two hours.