HybridZ

Ugly Wheels for Sale

johnc

Are you sure those are not Corvair van steel wheels modified and painted silver ? Looks like on 3 go is missing this rare set from his large inventory. I cannot recall ever seeing a set like this before... maybe of "YUGO" orgin. I have a set of almost new 12 (+) year old eastern block tires with an interesting tread pattern that couild be recycled into mexican style sandals. Would make about 30 pair of stylish footwear.

American is making these wheels again as "Ansen Sprints" (The original name). The area I grew up in (seattle) was thick with s30 z cars, and I think half of them had Ansen sprints or copies. I was thinking a pair of 16" or 17" Ansens would look good, and be a fitting wheel for my build.

American is making these wheels again as "Ansen Sprints" (The original name). The area I grew up in (seattle) was thick with s30 z cars, and I think half of them had Ansen sprints or copies. I was thinking a pair of 16" or 17" Ansens would look good, and be a fitting wheel for my build.

WOW thats really cool! they make them in 17s too. I think that would look plain sick for those of us that are going to a resto-mod or updated vintage look. these just might be the wheels I've been looking for!

just plain cool.

I'm astonished! I've had tons of e-mail questions and two phone calls about these wheels. Seems that early Ford Falcon and early 6 Cylinder Mustang guys are gaga over these things. Keep that in mind next time you're thinking about throwing them away. I learned my lesson, but then again, they haven't sold yet.

I always liked the slot mags. They're pretty light too. Only problem is the offset isn't good on the wider ones which I think were 14x7. The tire would rub the fender if you used anything wider than about 205s IIRC. Polish them up with Mothers and they look like chrome.

• 1 month later...

I just sold a set of 4 of these, 14x7 for $500... NOS never been mounted, with origional caps and lugs still in the package. They do have some value to the right people. In BC these are the only non-stock wheels that you can qualify for collectors plates with, for instance.