HybridZ

Fastest Cars in the World

DavD3

I have a 5th Gear video with Tiff Needell trying to break the record in a twin engine, AWD, Super 7 kit. I think they did it in 2.5 seconds. Pretty amazing.

Actually 2.97 seconds. The car was called the Tiger Z100. Twin Kawasaki 1200s, 408hp, 1355lbs.

Hmm... no kit cars... The ultima & noble would be high on that list. But apartently a kit car can't make it on the list' date=' while a prototype that never hit production can? Kinda wierd.

Still a good find though ;)[/quote']

i would love to have a noble someday...

I remember Scotty being well under 3 seconds as well... can't recall the exact number for some reason though. I think he was closing in on 2.5 seconds...

However, remember that comparing scotty's Z and an enzo ferrari isn't exactly fair. I mean scotty has drag tires and everything! :twisted:

wheres my suzuki pikes peak escudo.. thats my baby. 985 horse @ 8100 rpm 2.0L v6 tt with what 1700 lbs wbhhaahhaha, oh yea AWD. And alot of down force, that thing is like a gigantic upside down wing :). 285mm tires.

It gets to 60 in helluv fast somewhere in the twos for sure i would assume faster then the 2.6 they got there as the fastest. Alas it has never officially been tested for 0-60 or top speed. I think it has 3 valves/cylinder also, strange

Too bad, I claim 0-60 in 1.6 seconds in my Z. :P

Just to lend a little credibility to the guy's story, here's something I found online that claims 2.1 for the 650 hp rally version. http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=103&i=7138

And another good one:

http://www.answers.com/topic/ford-rs200

wheres my suzuki pikes peak escudo.. thats my baby. 985 horse @ 8100 rpm 2.0L v6 tt with what 1700 lbs wbhhaahhaha, oh yea AWD. And alot of down force, that thing is like a gigantic upside down wing . 285mm tires.

You're probably the winner with that one. The Escudo has to have the most violent acceleration outside of pure drag racing.