HybridZ

Bushings Bushings Bushings...

Ok, so I'm gonna replace my sway bar bushings so I can actually put my sway bar back on 8)

I was thinking while i'm at it I should order some other bushings as well. There has been some talk in the past about people breaking TC rods due to the urathane bushings being to hard and causing too much stress on the rods. Ok, i'm not really going all out performance yet, just looking to do some cheep changes to get this thing a little more repsonsive.

So should I change just my control arm bushings and not the TC rod bushings? Or just go all rubber? I'll probly also look at getting the urathane bump stops as well, unless someone recomends against them.

Or should I skip spending almost $100 from MSA and just buy thier $225 sway bars? Would that make more a difference per dollor?

At the very least i'm gonna spend the small change to at least get the sway bar bushings.

So what's so special about the ES bushings? And will I not have to worry about the Tension Rod bushings because they're "better?"

140 is still cheeper than all the MSA bushings, so I'll probly go with ES anyways. I just want to know what I'm buying.

I'd read that thred before, wich is what got me worried in the first place. So i guess I'll just go with a rubber replacement until I can foot the bill for a adjustable tension rod.

As always, you're all a big help. Thanks.

EDIT: I'll probly go with the MSA TC rod compression kit

I've had stiffer bushings on my TC rods for over ten years. Not one proublem. Not sure whats happened to other peoples rods but, mine have been fine.

I highly recommend replacing your bushings with stiffer units. The differnce is amazing. You may hear some squeaks (sp) but, it's well worth it in my opion.

The solid TC bushings cause the rod to flex with suspension travle instead of the bushing. A number of people have had their TC rod break under these conditions. Fortunately I have not heard of anyone getting killed yet.

MSA sells the TC ball and socket type joints. I think they are ground control units. Do your family a favor and if you have urethane TC bushings, replace them with something that moves.