HybridZ

New Skyline GTR

cyrus

Its what I said all along and its why I really dont like the 350Z though it has grown on me is the fact that all through the Z line, you can see how they slightly changed and evolved the Z.

The 350Z comes along and everyone is like WTF?

Same as I see with the Skyline, from its beginings you could see how they evolved and made them better adding bits here and there, helping with aerodynamics, and now this!!

Shame on you Nissan, you destroyed 2 icons now!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there is a guy here on base in Zama that has a Skyline just like the red one above. Its silver and black but looks great. How much should I offer him for it? I was thinking about taking one back vice the Vett. Any suggestions and how rare would it be to have one like the above in the states?

Terry

Guest grimlynsan

uber rare.

if its legit you should pay him whatever he wants for it.

I've been told rich japanese men buy imitation ones for well over 1 million yen.

uber rare.

if its legit you should pay him whatever he wants for it.

I've been told rich japanese men buy imitation ones for well over 1 million yen.

well lets not go bananas, we all have our limits. If i were you id pay about 2-3 times what a comprable fairladyz would cost, if that makes sense. $10,000 -15,000 sounds reasonable. (if it has stock motor, then sell the block and put in a v8 :)

Guest grimlynsan

Zerrari GTO: "It's like some of the Hooters chicks I've seen. NICE A$$....BAD Grill."

ASA240Z: "looks kinda ugly... makes me think about what will nissan do to the next gerneration Z...:nono:"

!DOUBLE BLASPHEME!

Ok Bo Im sold....I always wanted a Skyline. I need to get info on the import conversion part of it. I brought back a car in 1986 but things have changed Im sure. I know shipping is free for me and emissions is waived for cars over 10 years old. DOT is all good except they weld in some bogus rods in the doors and inside the front and rear bumpers. What I need to find out is what shop I can coordinate with to make these things happen upon delivery to Long Beach. The conversion shop spots the bond to do the work so I dont have to pay 3 times the value of the car upfront! Does anyone know who does this on the West Coast? I used West Coast Imports last time but that was 20 yeas ago. Any advice?

Terry

DON'T SHIP TO CA! That's my advice. Do you know anyone you trust in oregon? If you get it registered in any other state, then you don't have to perform the CA mods. It's a nice loop hole. I know people that have performed it. It's legal, it's their fault the laws were written poorly.

Gollum my state of record is texas so no problem there. All cars that come into the states has to pass federal regs only initially. The state applies when you register it so no probs there. I just dont know of any shops anywhere else but cali that can handle the conversion and paperwork.

Terry