HybridZ

New Skyline GTR

cyrus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, true that b_sostock.

I don't think it's THAT bad guys. I'm not keen on the hood, and the front is a little wierd, but I think the new C6 front end looks more like a mazda than this things does.

Other than some small front end quirks I like the look of it.

You have to register.

=(

Can't do so from mobile.

Quote some?

Sorry bout that..... you know, that happens alot. I guess I stay logged in when I leave cause I go right to the pics....

Didn't mean to do that to ya... There's bound to be pics out to see where you don't have to log in, the GT-R was just released yesterday I belive.

I like it myself, although I'll never have that kind of spare green to lay down on one....

so the pics of the car on the official website are not the real car? Anyway, even on the G35/350z boards, people aren't really warm to it.

Guest bastaad525

God... they have killed the Skyline... the end of the world is nigh.

Well, at least the new supra was lookin kinda sweet, though it baffles me that Toyota will be doing a new Supra *AND* the LF-A...

Maybe it's a stupid loyalty to have, maybe it's my love for old Z's and L6 engines, but I stopped caring much about either of them when the both ditched their INLINE engines for V engines. The RB and 2JZ were just both freakin AMAZING engines, why even replace them? I mean, UPDATE them if they are getting that out dated, but don't just get rid of them!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhno.

At first the gt r was rumored to be a g35 semi-clone, and in a way it is.

But no powerplant has officially been released, and the link in the first post is the official exterior styling that it seems nissan has decided on.

All that's left to unveil is powerplant, suspension/brakes, and whether its going to be released as infinity or nissan. Hopefully the latter.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhno.

At first the gt r was rumored to be a g35 semi-clone' date=' and in a way it is.

But no power plant has officially been released, and the link in the first post is the official exterior styling that it seems Nissan has decided on.

All that's left to unveil is powerplant, suspension/brakes, and whether its going to be released as infinity or Nissan. Hopefully the latter.[/quote']

WRONG!!!! The Skyline in America was rumored at first to be a Q45 or M45 back a few years, then the 350z came out and so did the G35..... but in Japan yes the G35 IS the skyline

and from what i hear..... the Skyline will be Pushing either a 3.0 TT VG Clone or that new block... the 3.3? TT if not a V-8 for Americans only... Get to talk to a few Nissan techs and he basically agrees with me, although he thinks its gonna be some VQ TT slut child hybrid....

WRONG!!!! The Skyline in America was rumored at first to be a Q45 or M45 back a few years' date=' then the 350z came out and so did the G35..... but in Japan yes the G35 IS the skylineQUOTE']

Except for the 2-tone front, it still looks sharp. But it will never make it to the US.

And if by some miracle of politics it actually comes here, it will probably only be a shadow of the JDM's performance.

Before the Z came out a few years ago they where going to bring the Skyline over as an Infiniti, but Nissan USA decided that it would be more profitable to take the 350Z chassis, and make 4 different cars out of it. Which ended up killing the US spec Skyline. The G35 was supposed to be the Skyline (although the actual name had never been decided on). I'm not sure why you think that their 2 High Line Sedans would have been the Skyline. I'd double check your sources.

Lets face car manufactures make cars to make money, and lots of it. Gone are the days of moderately priced unique performance cars. If it can’t be mass-produced in various guises it will stay a prototype.