HybridZ

Need your opinion

tfreer85

Okay, so i'm back to a Z after going full circle from Porsche and Jag V8 Conversions. I've narrowed myselft back to 3 choices for my Z: LS1 cam swap only, HIGH-performance L28ET, or HIGH performance SR20DET. Okay to the question, I love YZ fender flares out back, but I don't need the crazy 12" out back, so it would be more for the looks sort of thing. Do you guys think it would be weird to have an SR20DET powered widebody Z? I mean for an LS1 or L28ET I think it would be fine, but for some reason its just seems odd to have the YZ with a 4cyl. Thanks for the help,

Tyson

IMO swapping a I4 in the Z is gay. Pick between the L28ET or the LS1, for road racing/autox = L28 for street/drag = LS1

yeah, because a motor producing equal power on stock internals as an l28et, weighing 200lbs less, and providing better weight distribution is definitely gay.

Oleh:

It's fine to have an opinion, but we all have as_holes too, and don't show them when it's not asked for. I mean negative opinions, with inflamatory remarks attached.

How do you know people on this site that who's technical knowledge and opinion you respect aren't gay? Why would it even matter?

Maybe you need a different adverb or adjective to get across your feelings, but I digress - that kind of negative feedback is not allowed here.

Although I wouldn't do an I4 turbo Z, I'm not going to put someone down for doing it or attempting it.

Seems some people need to read the RULES again...

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=65&announcementid=2

Please do so, and edit your post.

Build what YOU want. Just that simple. If you like the 4 banger and the widebody, go for it.

By the way, I'm building a widebody LS1 that will be a track car. Track as in road course so a V-8 will work on a road course not just go straight down the quarter.

In my oppinion, as long as you're making serious power, the flares are cool. It doesn't really matter how you make the power (4, 6 or 8 cylinders) as long as you make it. If you don't have the power, don't do the flares, because flares are pretty lame on a gutless car LOL. Also make sure to have some wide tires underneath them. It looks weird to have huge flares with skinny-@ss tires.

Well thanks to those who provided constructive criticism, didn't mean to start anything I was just listing the engine options for me, I know what the pole says and wasn't wanting opinions on it. So sorry for creating turmoil. Mark I would like to hear a little more about your setup its intriguing to me. I will be building what I want to and can financially afford, I just respect a lot of people's opinions on here and wanted their input. Crazy280 I definately know what you mean about the power. I'll be running at least 10" wheels out back with as much lip as humanly possible. I'm looking at cars that came with some big wheels out back and have my wheels tailored to work with their OEM tires instead of custom sets all the time.

Tyson

Agreed on the "fill the flair" thing. Even on a stock fendered Z, taking the tire out to the maximum outside extent of the fender lip is what makes the car look so agressive. That's part of the reason I think stocker Z's look silly - the skinny tire sits too far into the fender to make it look right.

Definitely agree with you Pete. Gotta have the nasty wide tire look out back. I like CCW's but i might go with a shop here in town that a friend of mine owns, and is trying to make a name for himself. Hopefully that means cheaper stuff (cost wise).

Tyson

Build what YOU want. Just that simple. If you like the 4 banger and the widebody' date=' go for it.

By the way, I'm building a widebody LS1 that will be a track car. Track as in road course so a V-8 will work on a road course not just go straight down the quarter.[/quote']

Your gonna run out of room aren't you Mark :)

I guess you found another body since the last one you got to create the widebody car. Pulling the yellow one off the track? (I'm assuming)

Build what YOU want. Just that simple. If you like the 4 banger and the widebody, go for it.

What Mark said.

Personally, I think the YZs and engine choice are non-related issues. By all means do 'em both in any combination if you like.

I'm just finishing up my 280YZ rears, and today, while looking at that fat @ss (still in primer) filled with 325/50 -15 M/T Et Streets, I told my buddy, "It may not be fast worth a damn, but it sure will intimidate the competition!"

Some may say that my car's performance can't match the statement of the widebody and fat meats (these same tires are used on 7-second drag cars) - but I did need bigger rubber than I had, plus have built the evil look that I like.

Yeah, i'm definately going to do the YZ fender flares, with the Subtles up front. I'm really leaning towards the SR20 right now well cause gas prices suck. I'm going to go for around 400hp possibly more down the road. This means copying a lot of what SR240Z has done and using a lot of his parts, and going into the head work and cams. I kinda have a question for those of you running YZ fender flares, i like side exiting exhaust like right before rear driver side wheel. Curious if i could move the pipe on up into the dog-leg area there?

Tyson