HybridZ

High HP RB26 guys...

Guest ON3GO

what are you guys using for oil pumps?

ive been getting a few parts here and there together for my RB26DETT build (man parts are pricey!!!) but im lost on a few parts.

guys that are running upgraded twins like Joel, well really i guess anybody can answer this.. what wastegates you running or would run.

right now im buying alot of HKS parts so i was thinking of getting there S/S Racing wastegates for my Garrett turbos i plan on running, i just didnt know if anybody else had alittle say in this.

does any aftermarket none custom RB intake manifold fit in our engine bays?

like the JUN unit or top secret manifold.????

Anybody have any links to Head parts? like upgraded valves, springs, etc etc?

JUN has alot of stuff but most of it isnt being made or sold anymore.

what wastegate is everybody running? I like Tomei parts but i wasnt sure if i should run 1.2 or 1.5mm. i know it depends on my engine setup and boost and etc but i figure i would ask.

is there really anything i need to do with the engine to make it last at 700-800hp levels? I dont mind at all spending the money its just i rather do it at the begining then at the end and have to tear it all down again.

Anybody hear any good or bad things on CP forged pistons?

Right now i have JUN I beam racing rods on order but im open to other companys if there better and at or around the same price.

seems like JUN takes FOREVER on there parts.

thanks guys! cant wait till i can start the build on this engine and car.

mike

Guest JAMIE T

Gee Mike, did you search at ALL?

Joel and I both are running an external oil pick-up. Joel is running a JUN oil pump. Mine is stock that has been modified to similar to the NISMO unit with hardened gears, etc...

I am running twin HKS GT2540R's on mine. Not as big as Joels, but the ARE big enough to put 700+hp at the wheels. Both of our wastegates are internal.

I got HKS step two valve springs from Matt. I'm using Blitz 272/10.25mm cams.

For 7-800hp, you'll want an R33 motor or at the very least the crank. That's what I did. I got a crank from Stealth Z for my R32 motor. Then, Modified stock rods and forged pistons are really all that's needed. Also, a set of mild cams wouldn't hurt. If you don't want to rework the stock rods(which are pretty good once they are polished, shot peened and fitted with ARP bolts), Crower has billet units on the shelf for about a thousand bucks. Consider an ATI balancer. You can see mine in the thread "When in Doubt, Bling it out".

Also, FWIW, I can get you Wiseco pistons with pins and rings for $600. I can also get Cometic metal head gaskets for a descent price(better than I have seen advertised).

Everything I have said is here in the RB forum. Search would ya!

i searched.. i always do.

didnt find what i wanted to know really.

the motor is a R34.

The cams are Jun 280 11.35's... the cam gears i have are HKS.

ATI pulley is already on order.

i was gonna get all the head parts from JUN but like i said most is hard hard to get and or not made anymore.

the main studs i have already from JUN.

i wanted the rod bolts and head studs from them too but ARP will do fine.

hmm ill have to think about that wisco pistons... the rods i knew about as i saw your post about the billet ones from crower and i was thinking about that as there around the same price as the JUN ones.

i found the N1 version oil pump but i didnt know if it was any better then the stock unit or near the nismo unit.

gonna have to keep thinking about this part.

thanks jamie!

mike

im gonna contact James and ask him what he thinks would be a good turbo pick for this engine soon. im thinking some GT 30R turbos.. i want to beable to hit 1000whp if i wanted to.

only im not sure if i wanna go single or dual... still not sure at all on that..

ill be making my own exhaust manifold when the time comes so i cant wait for that.

what bov you running?

i wanna gonna get the turbonetics Godzilla unit (its on order right now) but i wasnt sure. should be fine with the HP i want.

i do wanna go external wastegate(s)...

i contacted RC engineering about some 1000cc injectors so ill wait to hear back from them.

looking for a spare head right now and also looking for parts to make my own intake manifold but still no luck..

mike

ahh good to know Joel.. thanks!

HKS fuel rail should be here this week.

the anodized purple will be used throughout the whole car.. need to make friends with a anodizer lol.

mike

I'm only making a bit over 500 crank, but it's not a high cost build either.

2.7L bore, N1 pistons, Tomei 1.8mm metal head, twin 2540's, trust MBC, N1 oil/water pumps, Sard 534cc injectors, HKS front pipes/Superdrager, OS Giken Twin plate, N1 276l/h fuel pump.

Stock Cam's, Stock IC, Stock Crank, rods. Surprisingly unlaggy, especially considering the infamous 2540 mismatch.

Parts cost me around 5k.

Can the S30 frame handle 700-800 HP / 550 ft-lbs?

If you're going about 700, you should probably look for an N1 head. The standard head has an oil restriction that comes into play at high RPM's.....Sean at RBMotoring has lost a couple engines do to this phenomenon. The N1 block and head seems to be much more capable of these power levels.

The N1 pump is MUCH better than the stock unit.

T88 34-D.Turbine.Kit/HKS wastegate

HKS.1.2mm.Dragger.Head.Gasket

HKS.280/280.10.3mm.Cams

Tomei.Valve.Retainers

Sub.Zero.Custom.Intake.Manifold

Q45.Throttle.Body

Jun.Full.Port/Polished.Head

HKS.87mm.Pistons

HKS.H-beam.con-rods

Jun.balanced.Crank

Jun.Oil.Pump

Blitz.3-Core.Front.Mount.Intercooler

720cc.Injectors> soon to be 1000cc

Trust.Fuel.Rail

Aeromotive.Fuel.Pressure.Regulator

SplitFire.Coil.Packs

This setup dynoed 612RWPS. at 26psi and running extremley rich. I plan on clean up the tune and running 29PSI for 700+rwHP :twisted:

what are you guys using for oil pumps?

I can't claim to be high hp because the motor is still being developed. I went with the Nismo Oil pump and opted to have Endyne evaluate it for further modifications. From their experience with Honda motors they state a main reason for pump failure is the lack of a good dampner.

Typical pump rework consists of evaluating gear tolerances, maching gears if necessary, porting oil passages and lowering spring pressure if flow is increased.

As far as RB Motoring having motors fail I would venture to say there may be another cause besides faulty head design.

Matt, can you chime in and give us your thoughts on failure due to improper oiling?

where can i get the ATI balancer for the rb26? and where can i get crower/carillo rods?

Contact me, I will hook you up. Do you want the 600hp or 800hp dampner?

BTW, I went with Carillo rods. A bit more pricey, but supposedly stronger. Also, takes a good bit of time if they are not in stock.

Mike,

Just a suggestion. If I were you I would go ahead and put in a stock motor and get the car running/driving, then start planning an engine build. Sometimes it's just best to keep it simple starting out with something like this. Besides, a stock motor will make plenty of power to keep you happy for a while. Mine is just the rb25 but still stock and makes almost 500 rwhp on pump gas. The same mods on a rb26 would make even more. Also, (keeping it simple here) I would (did) personally go with one large turbo. Twins look cool but just complicates things IMO.

Just my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth.

JT