HybridZ

throttle linkage help needed

I don't have any pics. But what I can tell you is the LOKAR cable was what I used. I took the gas pedal assembly out of the car, drilled a hole at the top of the arm, and used the pinned attachment from the cable to connect to the gas pedal arm. Then I routed the cable through the firewall and to the intake. It is very simple to do. Unfortunately, right now the car is in pieces and the cable and pedal assembly are in boxes somewhere... Couldn't lay hands on them if you paid me! :lmao:

It really is a simple mod though. Unbolt the gas pedal assembly and look at it on a bench and you'll see what I mean! :wink:

Mike

Good timing, I just finished mine about an hour ago, I removed the pedal assembly from the car and cut off the last inch where the ball was. I then welded a rectangle piece on the end with a hole big enough to fit the Monte Carlo cable through, also you need to cut a hack saw's width from the outer edge to the new hole to slide the cable through. I then mounted it back in the car and hooked it up to the cable. The arm needed a slight bend put into it to bring the pedal back to normal position. Worked very well and cost nothing. Just scrap lying around. a little bit of grinding and wire wheel and walla one more small thing off my list.

Here's a link to a pic of how I did it with a Lokar cable' date=' bracket . I used the original bell crank off the accelerator pedal.

http://www.pbase.com/baracu/image/18617643/large

AL[/quote']

Nice car, Al. You did a very clean JTR V8 conversion, and the detailing on the car (everywhere) is stunning. Nice work.

Davy

Nice car' date=' Al. You did a very clean JTR V8 conversion, and the detailing on the car (everywhere) is stunning. Nice work.

Davy[/quote']

Thanks, Davy. the car was fun to build. I love the expression I see on some people's faces when they can't find any wires (hehe). I'm building a 76 280Z RoadZter now, with the L28 engine and SU carbs. The challenge is to make the engine compartment look better than the V8 and still hide everything.It should be finished in a few months, I'll post some pics when it's done.

AL

On the first two S30 swaps that I did, I just replaced the gas pedal with one from a mid or late 70's Camaro, and used the camaro cable. The Camaro pedal ends up being in the same location/distance from floor as the stock Datsun pedal. It just required three new holes in the firewall to install. This might be a simple option for you.