HybridZ

Awd S30

Ed260Z

Sorry if this has been covered already. :b_hand:

I read in one of the posts, on a different topic, that if you try and use the Skyline AWD configuration the engine sits to far forward. I don't have a Skyline front clip to compare, but would it be possiable to weld the the front clip (frame rails and strut tower) onto a S30?

If the frame rails are about the same distance apart you could replace the S30 frame with that off the Slyline. The hard part would be to then either replace the S30's strut tower, or modify it.

What do you Guru's think?:hail:

If you look at a skyline engine bay, the motor sits foward in there as well. The problem is the Z has such a long nose and the front wheels are so far out. Skylines have thier front wheels far back compared to a Z.

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i14/1411_4mg.jpg

see, even in skylines the motor isn't very far back. But i'm not a guru on the subject, so maybe you could suspension tune it to handle even with the massive front weight bias.

my main concern is that a skyline is so heavy to begin with. Gotta be close to the heaviest 2 door in japan's history.

i know of only one AWD s30, and i think the reason is the money. There is one in Japan, and pictures have been posted here. The intercooler was on the outside of the car actually, it was strictly race i think

Here Is the site for pics of teh awd S30. they actually grafted portions of teh gtr unibody into the z unibody. teh intercooler is so far out becasue they had to mount the radiator on the front side of the core support. radiator in teh rear or a V mount setup may fis that.

Popular myth...but not really. Especially when compared to Mitsu's GTO (3000GT).

My 32 weighs in at less than 3200 lbs. The R34 Mspecs are the heaviest at near 3500 lbs, but its about 100 lbs heavier than the other trims. Not much different from an SS or WS6....

Of course when you are comparing them to S30's and such......

Gotta be close to the heaviest 2 door in japan's history.

I have a photo of 2FWD Z's. How do you insert photos into this or attach docs?

When I use the insert image here it wants a URL (this is webpage isnt it?) which I dont have . When I copy a photo and try to paste it in here' date=' nothing appears. How do I do it?

Mike[/quote']

Email it to me and i will post it up. easier to do it then to explain... atleast for me :confused2

Guest JAMIE T

You know what? I really wish people would just drop the whole AWD Z thing. The idea is just plain insanity. Vin is going to do it SOMEDAY. He is WIDENING the car! Not putting flairs on... He is SPLITTING THE ROOF. The Skyline and the S30 are TOO different to even CONSIDER it. It's more for a Monster Garage episode than anything realistic. What would be the point of it anyway? RWD is fine. Are you going to drive it in the snow? The S30 hooks up so well already that AWD would just be more weight and more headache, but it would surely get you a feature article in Super Street, YO! Maybe even a "fold-out" with a super hot asian chic leaning on it. You'd be like ... A pin-up!

Ricers will follow you EVERYWHERE. You would be the man!

Stony, sorry for the rant. It seems like the people who post the rediculous idea of AWD Z's(particularly GT-R conversions) are newbie ricers with no talent. Please delete this post if you think I crossed a line.

You know what? I really wish people would just drop the whole AWD Z thing. The idea is just plain insanity. Vin is going to do it SOMEDAY. He is WIDENING the car! Not putting flairs on... He is SPLITTING THE ROOF. The Skyline and the S30 are TOO different to even CONSIDER it. It's more for a Monster Garage episode than anything realistic. What would be the point of it anyway? RWD is fine. Are you going to drive it in the snow? The S30 hooks up so well already that AWD would just be more weight and more headache' date=' but it would surely get you a feature article in Super Street, YO! Maybe even a "fold-out" with a super hot asian chic leaning on it. You'd be like ... A pin-up!

Ricers will follow you EVERYWHERE. You would be the man!

Stony, sorry for the rant. It seems like the people who post the rediculous idea of AWD Z's(particularly GT-R conversions) are newbie ricers with no talent. Please delete this post if you think I crossed a line.[/quote']

.............Could be the man !! LOL.......thats good, cause these days I feel like the WOMAN......all bloody and bitchy ! LOL....

Jaime is right though......it is a rather insane approach in order to get big horsepower and traction too. The S30 platform isn't REALLy condusive for such an undertaking. I'm only doing it because I have ALWAYS invisioned my Z as being much wider (minus flaring only) and having the crossflow twin power of an RB. The AWD portion of the equation simply takes place because I knew in advance the wider body COULD fit and begin accept the massive AWD componets. And since I was making all bolt-on panels and interior from Carbon Fiber, the added weight from the caged chasis and AWD drivetrain was of no real bother to me.

I could have been DONE 2 years ago and had a large sum of money in my account had I gone Rear wheel drive.......and I knew that going in.

But NO turning back now........there is NO reversing what steps I've done thus far...........and NO , I'm not posting any pix yet ! Sorry.I've been logging it step by step for future release all at once because its so....erm, weird and unusual.I wouldn't call it Top Secret or anything stupid like that.......I just don't have the time for the endless questions and emails that come from it.

In most days.....I envey the guys who are already DRIVING their RB-Zs by tackling the more sensible swap of rear drive and ENJOYING the NOW!

I know of several AWD swap attempts going on in the country right now in various NISSANS that have been abondoned or stalled to end due to the many unforseen issues etc

Like I told them prior..........Knock yourself out and best of luck showing all your skills at once !!lol.

Jaime......you owe me a spirited ride in your RB-Z now that you have suggested that I might be a Ricer King or some crap....lol.Why I oughta'.........

Vinny 8)

No...... say it ain't so.... please, say it ain't so.... :banghead:

WELL.....hopefully ,once the Japanimal is done and tuned ....any ricer jokes will subside ! I'll need to FEED it ricers and fisheads to keep her motivated...lol.

It will be encouraging to see some weight and 1/4 mile times from the rear wheel cars as they begin to surface more and more so I'll have a baseline to aim for.

It seems as though more and more RB-Z's hp goals are heading towards the 700hp mark like I was. Sounds like I'll own the 60' mark ,but I'll have to be pretty light or add more than 700hp to be top dog at any RB-Z competition.

Geez..........more money still yet !Endless.

Vinny

P.S.- Joel .......you owe me a wild ride in your RB-Z just because ! lol..8)

WELL.....hopefully ' date='once the Japanimal is done and tuned ....any ricer jokes will subside ! I'll need to FEED it ricers and fisheads to keep her motivated...lol.

It will be encouraging to see some weight and 1/4 mile times from the rear wheel cars as they begin to surface more and more so I'll have a baseline to aim for.

It seems as though more and more RB-Z's hp goals are heading towards the 700hp mark like I was. Sounds like I'll own the 60' mark ,but I'll have to be pretty light or add more than 700hp to be top dog at any RB-Z competition.

Geez..........more money still yet !Endless.

Vinny

P.S.- Joel .......you owe me a wild ride in your RB-Z just because ! lol..8)[/quote']

when you're ready to tune that beast. there is an AWD dyno in kansas city {assuming your in springfield mo}

good luck on the fun stuff man.