HybridZ

Clutch slave cylinder Rb25 question

Lotus7

I was able to install my Engine (Rb26) and also positioned my Rb25 transmission. Took me two days plus the fabrication of the tranny support.

Thanks God, that thing is done before colds comes.

The stock clutch slave cylinder from my 77 Z is different mount and it will not bolt to the RB25 tranny. Any other clutch slave cylinder that I can use that is available here in the U.S. ?

Is the 300zxTT clutch slave cylinder will work?

Thanks

My transmission was fortunate to already have one on it.

You SHOULD be able to use the Z32 N/A Slave but don't quote me on that.

Also I think Nismo makes one.

I called advance auto, I asked the clutch slave for z32. He said the shape is "L" shape and it has 2" on center bolt pattern. I have to measure my Rb25 if this will fit. The "L" shape is promising.

Also, someone in the other forums thinks that Infiniti I30 VQ30DE engine "might" also fit.

http://www.autopartsfair.com/infiniti-engine_parts/more-clutch.html

Scroll down below until you see the clutch slave cylinder.

what do you think?

I have one of those VG30 front drive slaves. I have not fully mocked it up yet. It does look promising, but from first glance having them side by side, it is not a perfect match. I will most likely bite the bullett and order a Nismo one still. They are around $180 I think.

I am pretty sure the rb slave is unique. I went to an auto parts store and pulled out several different ones and none would fit. There was talk about some honda slave maybe fitting with some work but nothing for sure. I had one come on my tranny when I bought and have been using it.

JT

I am pretty sure the rb slave is unique. I went to an auto parts store and pulled out several different ones and none would fit. There was talk about some honda slave maybe fitting with some work but nothing for sure. I had one come on my tranny when I bought and have been using it.

JT

Did you look at the link I posted?

http://www.autopartsfair.com/infini...ore-clutch.html

The clutch slave is for Infiniti I30 and really look promising too. I will go to autozone and measure the bolt holes. Somewhere along the line we have to find the cross reference to save us some money.

By the way, I also installed my rear diff (R200) with QUAIFE.

If anyone need a QUAIFE let me know, maybe I can help buying.

how much was the quaife

I think I paid somewhere in $900. I have an account in QUAIFE. If you will organize a "buy", then I will use my account to help you guys. I think the full price for R200 for Z) is something like $1,200. It's been awhile and don't remember.

By the way, the measurement of the clutch slave cylinder of RB25 bolt pattern is 1 1/4 inches side by side ( on center).

This is the 93 Honda Accord slave that is close' date=' but I belive the guy trying to make this work had probs with the rod throw not being correct, and it not engaging the T/O.

I think it could be made to work with a little "more smarts"...

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/uploads/8113/93_Accord_RB25_slave_cyl.jpg[/img]

Thanks SOILEAU---->yes I think I can make it to work. If the rod is short,

perhaps I can replace it with a bit longer say 1/2 inch more.

Did the guy said a "short throw"? Did he mentioned how much short?

Also, your car pictures showed you are also using Electromotive. I am also using electromotive but don't have any initial map to tweak. Do you think its possible you can share your map?

This is a great help regardless, really appreciate...million thanks

Thanks SOILEAU---->yes I think I can make it to work. I will try my best.

Did the guy said a "short throw"? Also' date=' your car pictures showed you are also using Electromotive. I am also using electromotive but don't have any initial map to tweak. Do you think its possible you can share your map?

This is a great help regardless, really appreciate...million thanks[/quote']

Get a hold of matt ( motorworx) jhe is in japan and can get you a slave pretty quick. BTW once you have a slave the 300z slave rebuild kit will work. i used it to rebuild mine a while back