HybridZ

a possibility?

hoov100

i have been pondering the idea of a chevy strait 6 would this be able to work in a 81 zx? i know that a new tranny will certainly have to be used.

ebay!!

Sure anything is a possibility. By all means it should fit. Isn't that chevy six very similar to the z's already, or maybe that is the mercedes engine... But just out of curiosity, why a chevy six?

yea, i figure everyone is doing a chevy v8 swap so why not do a chevy strait 6? almost no mods have to be done to it and plus it still keeps its charecter.

ok cool, do what you want, sounds fun. Imho the 6 is going to be a little underpowered in stock trim, and the weight of it will be up high. And the almost no mods part i think might be an oversight. It will most likely take pretty much all the mods the v8 would. But hey a new hybrid, why not?

Any member can delete or edit their own posts... We encourage people to do so when they've posted something then thought better of it, and I applaud the members above for doing so...

re: cernsorship, Yes we actually do delete members posts when we see them as clearly against the rules of hybridZ. Remember, this is the internet, and this is HybridZ. Free Speech doesn't apply if that free speech infringes upon our site specific rules!

Sounds like an interesting swap there with the chevy inline6... Keep us posted! :2thumbs:

Have fune!

Mike

4 banger out of a CRX HF.

64hp and even less torque but its so fuel efficient it makes its own gas. Put in enough to start the engine and your fine forever. Drain the tank every 5,000 miles or so and fill up your other vehicles, lol.

Seriously though, A chevy 6 could be interesting but I think theres better options available that would give better results with roughly the same investment in money and time.

Comes down to personal preference though. Do whatever you want to do.

Couple of threads about BMW motors in Z's:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104469&highlight=BMW

and

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=87201&highlight=BMW

I think the biggest problem with these is COST. BMW parts are as people say worth their weight in gold,I think it would be a cool swap but there are other motor's out there IMO that are better for less. best of luck in the choice.

Tyson

• 3 weeks later...