HybridZ

Front TS Lights

EvilRufusKay

Well I am back at it working on the bonnet and originally I started installing 240 TS lights. Now I am not sure I like them. Without the bumber and the angle thay are at it is hard to fill around them and make them look kewl. If I keep them I would go with clear lenses and they are like $150 or so for the set. I like AUX's set up and was wondering if anybody eles had some custom lights instyalled and if so would be kind enough to post a pic.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for. This is for 280-260. I took a cheap set of rectangle shaped driving lights. Took the bulb out and cut a hole in the back side and got some turn signal bulb sockets from Checker Auto Parts and glued them in. They are not mounted yet. I did check them out with the amber bulbs on the battery and looked like what I wanted.

I do not have any Picts of them.

Aux had the right idea and did it such that it looks almost factory (same curvature using the motorcycle TS lights) and it was done on the cheap---much cheaper than MSA's TS lights anyway. I have taken a look at his work in person and I can tell you it came out great, even from way up close. If you go that route, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Davy

I fitted Eclipse front corner lights (clear lense style) into the opening in the MSA II airdam. They fit very well.

Dan, do you have side blinker lights as well? I can't remember if you shaved them or not. The reason I ask is that the TS lights look great on your car, but I'm thinking in terms of safety to have something on the side. Aux's lights are mounted on the corner and can be seen from the front and side if I remember correctly. Good thing the police in CA don't care too much about such things :D

Davy

ak-s: That's an extremely extremely cool idea. Please do it so I can drool on them.

Thx. I've been debating whether or not to do it for a while now. The problem that I keep coming into, in having it work is adjesting the angle of the projectors. Since its off a bike, I don't think its adjustable (left or right). Well I have to make my own fenders from fiberglass anyways because shipping to Alaska is a pain, so I just might do it, but i can't work on it till summer :mad:. For right now I am just focussing on gathering parts, so I can get started on the engine in the spring.

Well I just keep coming up with ideas.

Well for turn signals have you also tried thinking about getting those "halo" headlights and the putting on a pair of clear headlight covers and wiring the "halo" portion to the turn signal, so the signal can reflect off the covers?

Forgot to ask. Have you tried using Acura integra turn signals? the curve seems about right and you can find them hella cheap.

No, but I have thought long and hard about using the Acura headlights for my Z. I would only use the low beams as a single light since both won't fit at the angle that they set in the Integra. The high beams would come from some other area, like the grill or airdam. The motorcycle lights are a cool idea, but the curve of the lense concerns me---that's the only reason I went to the Acura projector lights.

Davy

Guest TegRacer324

Are you talking about making your own seperate housings for the acura lights? Cause the headlights are one piece housings for both lights so you'd either have to do that or somehow cut the housing in half to seperate them.

Are you talking about making your own seperate housings for the acura lights? Cause the headlights are one piece housings for both lights so you'd either have to do that or somehow cut the housing in half to seperate them.

I would assume that would be a given. BTW when I ment the integra turn signals, I ment to in corperate them into the bumper (240z).

in case some of you guys are wondering, this is what my turn markers look like:

aax.sized.jpg

aaw.sized.jpg

Lockhart Philips for $20 for the pair with wiring and dual filament orange bulbs.

in reference to Matt73GNZ... do your turn signals look like this?

PICT0321.sized.jpg

Saw that on a gt40 replicar at kitcar show

Exactly. I'd have to cut the housings in half to separate the high beams from the low beams. I'm only interested in the normal low beam driving lights. The high beams can be from some separate lights that I'll use once in a while, but mounted elsewhere...

Davy