HybridZ

Finally Got Em, My New Fat 3 Piece 17" Wheels

After a 6 week wait I've finally got my new 17" ROH wheels. 8.5 inch -6 for the front and 9.5 inch -19 at rear to be mounted with 225x45 front and 255x40 at rear. Looking forward to picking up the freshly painted ZG flares this coming week to fit the rubber under. Hopefully they'll be on the car by next week!

Sulio

www.viczcar.com

t_17_roh_1_369.jpg

t_roh_17_2_412.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a 6 week wait I've finally got my new 17" ROH wheels. 8.5 inch -6 for the front and 9.5 inch -19 at rear to be mounted with 225x45 front and 255x40 at rear. Looking forward to picking up the freshly painted ZG flares this coming week to fit the rubber under. Hopefully they'll be on the car by next week!

Sulio

Please post pics as soon as you get them and the ZG's on the car, cant wait, they will look awesome!

6 weeks? I had to wait 8 months for my ROH wheels :D

Those will look great with ZG flares, but you could probably run more rubber if you wanted. I have 245/45 on 8" and 275/40 on a 9" wheels.

8 months is a long time to wait. Jeez where did they come from? I'll stick with 255 so I get that slightly stretched look.

That wheel looks dead sexy! :2thumbs:

Can you weigh them for us?

Mike :cool:

Thanks Mike, Ill try and find my scales at home to weigh them tonight just occured to me that I forgot to ask. picked up the 8 inch wheels they had as a demo in the shop and it felt quite light.

what kind of price are we talkin here. Those are beautiful. I didnt know ROH would make custom multipiece wheels.

AUD$1800 which converts to about USD$1350. Very reasonable in comparison to Watanabes whilst still looking aggresive I think. I like the fact that if I was to damage an outer section I can get a new section rolled for about $150 per wheel. Also good if one day you want to sit the rub back under the guards which I think will never happen!icon10.gif

Please post pics as soon as you get them and the ZG's on the car, cant wait, they will look awesome!

Yer hopefully this Saturday I can get some pics with the wheels mounted and flares in place.

Sulio

Very, very nice Sulio. I've always liked the deep dish look myself. I do have a question... Why isn't HybridZ.org listed as a link on your "VicZcar.com" website??? I see Zcar, Zhome, ClassicZ, Zdriver, Zgarage... but nooo HybridZ??? Hmmm :) Just busting. Good luck w/the wheels.

I fitted 255x40 on the 17x9.5 at the rear without an issue but they tyre people could'nt fit the 225x45 on the front 17x8.5 rim!!??? THey suggeted I use a 235x45 for the front. I would like to stick with my first selection seeing the 235x45 would be slightly bigger. Has anybody mounted 225x45 tyres on a 17x8.5 rim??? Any suggestions guys because I made a few quick phone calls to trye shops and got mixed reports!

Thanks

Sulio

I think it really depends on which tires you're going with Sulio. A tire with a wide tread width should work fine with your 8.5" rim. Below are some differences in tread widths for the same size tire (225/45/17)

BGF G-Force T/A KD - 6.9"

Eagle F1's - 7.6"

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 - 8.1"

Yokohama Advins - 8.5"

Bridgestone Potenza - 8.7"