HybridZ

New 280zx Widebody sketches

Drftn280zxt

i dont know why...but i really do like the twin beam set up from your first sketch for the headlights.. somethign about that says "fast" to me for some reason. keep up the great artwork though.. love seeing someone work up the ZX.. doesnt get as much attention as it should =)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the design at the beginning of the post, but this car looks more like a Porsche 928 to me. In changing the body so much, it's really not a Z anymore. I think if you really want a car that looks like that, you could pick up a 928 for fairly cheap, and have a much better chassis and powertrain to work off of.

I don't like the looks of a 928 very much. Plus I'm not really seeing any similarities unless you compare widebodies, then somewhat. I don't like the back end of a 928, let alone the rear windows. Uh oh! Here come the flames.

Nah, I agree, they're hideous, not that I think your renderings are hideous. Haha. But they ARE a blast to drive, more plush than the 911s, and cheaper too. Where I'm seeing it most is the widebody and the stance. If I were going to change the front so much, and do a custom tail, I wouldn't start with a Z, I'd do a 928. I'm not anti-widebody. I love the YZ, but that's not something you'll have to lay up eight times to get it right. My two cents. Keep it up. I envy your education.

This isn't a YZ job, nor is it a 240Z. Its a custom widebody projection for the 280zx, rarely sought after car to modify. Just thought I'd fill you in because I think your little confused.

I wouldn't doubt driving a 928 is something else, after all it is a Porsche, just not the best looking one, kinda like the boxster...yikes maybe more flames.

Thanks for the compliment on my education. I've never been one to give up, even when the times get tough (my grades stand to prove that cough 3.9gpa cough); just stating the facts :wink: That is getting off topic though.

I understand the project. I guess I was just kinda wondering why you would try and do something like this to a ZX, but then I thought about it for a minute. Why not do it to a ZX? The platform is relatively cheap and easy to come by, generally in better shape than the S13, and it's different. It's not like you're trying to turn it into a Gallardo. Yeah, I don't like the Boxster either, although I've never driven one.

exactly, that is what I am thinking. I trying to bring it up to present times and make a force to reckon against. The power output is far from what I want. And for what I want the whole widebody is almost a necessisty (sp?) in order for it to be worthwhile. All or nothing, I want the all :wink: