HybridZ

New 280zx Widebody sketches

Drftn280zxt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truely amazing, the first picture is so awesome looking that it makes me want so much more! if you get really into i would suggest that perhaps you build or get someone else to build a small scale model and test some aerodynamics, it just looks so beautiful and fast though its kinda scary beauty :twisted:

I have contemplated that idea. I just need to find the right material to use to sculpt. Any ideas? I though about buying a die cast scale model and then getting some fine grain foam. Then sand down/ sculpt to foam to scale and the nadd some paint and voila! I am not sure this is a good idea since the only die cast ZX's I can find are like $50.00+ and are collectors items (not intended for bodily manipulation and customization)

I am working on a rear scale "shot" once it is done I post it, I know you guys will like it, it really does enhance the ZX's good qualities.

There are plastic model kits available, i have one, its a 1/24 scale made by Fujimi, was probably about $15 us when i brought it.

Not sure if you get the Toyota Cavalier over there or not, but the front park lights look like a good option for the lower ones you have in your sketch.

All right after much waiting, thanks for being patient guys. Here are some more manual scaled photochops (ie. I drew on Z cars then took the modified lines and transferred them over to another paper alone). Enjoy, please comment, I think these drawings pretty much sell the taillights I designed, I think they're gorgeous.

WDBDYrear2.jpg

WDBDYrear.jpg

next up will be a front end shot, and maybe a side profile. Anyone got pics I can borrow and "chop" to make these sketches. Be patient though (I am very meticulous about my drawings.

Well after much waiting, thanks guys, I have finally finished these two manual photochops that are to scale. Please comment it helps me as a designer more than you realize. IMO I think these drawing sell my taillight design, just gorgeous.

Ah crap! I just realized when I flipped the image (on paper) the muffler was exiting on the wrong side. Here is how the pics are supposed to be (sorry can't fix the license plate, you get the idea though)

WDBDYrear2.jpg

WDBDYrear.jpg

Ah crap! I just realized the wing is crooked in the second pic, oh well better luck next time.

Guest Dorifto

Alright, Drftn, that's it. I'm driving my 2+2 out to a friends' shop in VA, and we're making a fiberglass widebody from those sketches. I want one now! :mrgreen:

Seriously, I love your work, man. I would absolutely love to have my 2+2 look like that. I should be coming into some money soon, so it might be sooner than not.

Keep up the excellent work, bro. Always a refreshing design from ya.

-Dave-O

oOo, the back is very close to what i've been envisioning. The sides aren't quite the direction I'll be going, but neither was your front. It's still hawt enough to get my bloob pumpin though.

The lines of the second back shot are just awsome.

The top doesn't look chopped at all. Is that supposed to be stock?

I understand you like to take your time with your work, but man keep these coming, they're awsome. Great motivation/inspiration.

All right after much waiting' date=' thanks for being patient guys. Here are some more manual scaled photochops (ie. I drew on Z cars then took the modified lines and transferred them over to another paper alone). Enjoy, please comment, I think these drawings pretty much sell the taillights I designed, I think they're gorgeous.

[img']http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/drftn280zxt/WDBDYrear2.jpg[/img]

WDBDYrear.jpg

next up will be a front end shot, and maybe a side profile. Anyone got pics I can borrow and "chop" to make these sketches. Be patient though (I am very meticulous about my drawings.

I don't know. That doesn't really do it for me. I'm not a fins and wing type a guy. The stanse is right on though. For me the "car" should be what draws the eye, not the individual details, well thats just my opinion.

Thanks for all the compliments once again guys.

Gollum: The top doesn't look chopped at all. Is that supposed to be stock?

The only thing I did to the car other than make it wider by four inches on each side, is that I used an OE stance picture of a 280zx, and lowered the car ~3". Nothing was changed on top. The big GT style wing might give the impression that I chopped the car but I did not. In all honestly I think the wider stance alone makes the car look like it sits lower.

Wow everyone seems to be sold on the back end. What do you think of the chrome inserts to break up the rear and bring in some of that OE style from the early S130 rear bumper.

Now use your imagination for second. The inside of diffuser part in black carbon fiber while everything else is painted. Would that not look sick?

Dorifto: Alright, Drftn, that's it. I'm driving my 2+2 out to a friends' shop in VA, and we're making a fiberglass widebody from those sketches. I want one now!

Seriously, I love your work, man. I would absolutely love to have my 2+2 look like that. I should be coming into some money soon, so it might be sooner than not.

Well good luck with that. I probably will not want one though, the design is still not settled with me. Plus my intentions are to go carbon fiber not fiberglass.

Thanks again guys, I'll keep the drawings coming!

Guest Dorifto

Trust me, it'll be a little bit before I can pull that together. :D Although, my buddy J in VA is also in the near future, working with CF for S130s. Settle on a design, and we can talk to him about it. :D

You guys might wanna try the complete bucket out of a newer Maserati. They look almsot identical to the Datsun buckets' date=' all someone would have to do is extend it with resin or something to match. Ive had this idea for a couple of years now. I want to fit in with the rest of southern californians who need super projector headlamps to blind everyone in front of them.

[/quote']

Same thing in Texas. I'm gonna get the highest watt bulb I can run for the H4 conversion so that those F'n suv's can have a taste of their own medicine. Maybe I'll aim one of my headlights up a little to piss them off more...

BTW Drftn I like your designs alot. Its a crazy design!!! very outrageous, and for me its actually too much for the street. But man when you pull it off it will look sweet. --after a million hours of body work!

-Oliver