HybridZ

California Ontario anyone ??

Vintage-TechZ

Hey guys,

Just checking to see if any of you live near or in the Ontario Cali. area and would like to meet up to talk Z's ??

I'll be there from the 21st of this month til Dec. ist. I have to oversee a C.A.R.B. test site located on a Walmart/Sams club property for those two weeks.

If anyone is interested, feel free to email me at ( vinceinatorz@hotmail.com).

Even if you don't want to meet up, perhaps you'll clue me in on things to do locally if I get some time to spare ?

Thanks,looking forward to any replys'.

Vinny 8)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For food, (god I wish I could have some) if you like Mexican. Go to the little stand on the side of the road across the street from the park (John Galvin is what the park used to be called) the place is called Juanita's II. It's on 4th and Grove. If you head west from Grove on 4th You'll see it on the right. get the meat and cheese burrito .... mmmmmmmm ....

I grew up playing baseball in that park :)

I'm in Ontario all the time! Spent some time growing up there and lived there as recently as 6 months ago. My RBZ is in Riverside (which isn't that far away). I'll meet up with ya!

Thanks Marcus........I'll check them out, I love Mex !

Zhadman........cool,I'll pm you my cell # and we'll see about getting together.We can chat about our RB-Z builds or even check yours out too ??How far is Riverside from Ontario ?

...............Vinny

Vinny' date=' the borders of Riverside and Ontario meet each other to the east. Where my car is located is only ~15 minutes from Ont.

Hey Marcus... don't forget about Vince's for Spaghetti![/quote']

SWEET ! This will work out great.Looking forward too it .Maybe there are a few more Zers' out there too ??

Joel...."In & Out" burgers ?? I worked a test site next to one for a year and the smell began to make me ill after awhile...lol.I guess I could freeze a couple and ship them out to you L.A.- La. ( Ooooh, smelly) They'd be smelling like a bad batch of Creole before you opened them,gag.

Vinny

Joel...."In & Out" burgers ?? I worked a test site next to one for a year and the smell began to make me ill after awhile...lol.I guess I could freeze a couple and ship them out to you L.A.- La. ( Ooooh' date=' smelly) They'd be smelling like a bad batch of Creole before you opened them,gag.

Vinny[/quote']

Thats ok buddy, don't miss em that bad.... I can relate to the story about the smell, anything begins to stink after smelling it constantly...

Enjoy yourself over there...

Thats ok buddy' date=' don't miss em that bad.... I can relate to the story about the smell, anything begins to stink after smelling it constantly...

Enjoy yourself over there...[/quote']

Oh,hahahaa ! Don't let your women folk hear you say such a remark !! Doh !

Wait........they probably already tell their female friends this anyway ! Lol..........

Thanks Joel...I'll snap some pix later.

Vinny

I'm going to be @ downey on Thanksgiving weekend.There is a great place to play pool on firestone blvd.I don't know if you are going to the L.A. area if you are,I might be able to make sometime and meet some of the guys too.

Sounds cool ! I'll be working there through Thanksgiving so sure ! Lets make" the more the merrier" ! I haven't shot a game of pool in years....so your guaranteed a win or twelve ! It won't kill me to do some driving.

Vinny

I'll hopefully be able to make an afternoon down there early next week' date=' trying to buy a 260Z nearby. Though I don't think I bring much to the table for quality Z tech talk.

Tyson[/quote']

After reading your signature line I'd say you'll be just fine with the conversation at hand ! I'll pm you my contact number so you can call me when your in town.

Vinny

Well my sig is making fun of me. I have the Custom Truck and the 78 Datsun, but the next saying is mocking me because if you have talked to me for a while I go through car choices and get side-tracted from my Z. Its also making fun of how I can't make up my mind on what I want to do to my Z though I think I've finally resolved into a good setup. But I forsee me meeting some the gurus of this site, and my sh*t is small fry in comparison :P .

Tyson

tfreer,

You're not alone!

I've been through 5 engine choices (L28ET, SR20DET, 7M-GTE, RB25DET, and finally RB26DETT). I'm installing the RB26, but will be building an RB30 on the side (go figure!), Bought and sold 2 sets of wheels before settling on the CCW's, have 4 pints of different paint colors (not including the one I SAY I'm going to use), have an Q45 R200 VLSD and am thinking of going to a clutch type, have purchased 2 sets of fender flares before making my own, and I go back and forth on a weekly basis as to which EMS to use (current choice right now is the AEM).

You make me feel so much better Zhadman. That is so much of what I do daily feels good that somone else is in the same boat. Its hard not to dream of all the options and then realize you want all of them I guess my goal for 10 Z's all different won't be so hard after all :P . I think i've actually calculated out that is less expensive for me install an RB26DETT than for me to build a HIGH performance L28ET, so I'm really looking to do the RB cause well I have tons of bolt ons available, and can reach close to a 1000hp if i ever really wanted to.

Tyson

Guest Dorifto

Don't feel like you're the only ones in that situation guys. :mrgreen: I've got more plans and ideas than years experience tenfold ...

Vinny, when you get back, let me know how it is out there. I've been tossing around the idea of moving out there. Only things keeping me here are the new track an hour away from me, and the mountains. :D Of course, if there's good mountain roads out there, I'll go, hehe.

Have fun guys.

-Dave-O