HybridZ

looking for LED tail link...

sir_daniel

You can always make your own ciruit board and make your own. Not really that hard but it is messy.

The way I want my car to be setup I'm gonna have to do that.

I want it so the a row of lights move from the inside to the out side of the taillight when the signal is going with a shadow glow after that, kinda like the light in the front of the nightrider car but only going one direction and a bunch of them stacked.

You can always make your own ciruit board and make your own. Not really that hard but it is messy.

The way I want my car to be setup I'm gonna have to do that.

I want it so the a row of lights move from the inside to the out side of the taillight when the signal is going with a shadow glow after that' date=' kinda like the light in the front of the nightrider car but only going one direction and a bunch of them stacked.[/quote']

I remember this cause I'm becoming an ol fart, but does anyone else remember the old T Bird (if I remember right) that had that exact blinker set up?

It had long tail lights, and when the blinker was turned on, it started from one end and went to the other end blinking each bulb along the way....

Sweet. Then I wouldn't have to make a whole new module. (Might be better if I did though) I can just modify an existing one.

Now do you recall if they were leds or bulbs? I would think that leds would be pricey back then and wouldn't be put in cars because they would have had to put in a lot of them.

I don't think the Cougar lights were led (67-68). I'm pretty sure they are 1157.

On a side note: I vaugely remember seeing sequential rear turn signals on the new '05 Mustangs. I'm not sure if they are all like this or if it's an option but it's worth looking into. Probably alot easier to come by and maybe more reliable than 30 year old pieces....?

The sequetial tail lights that ford produced where mechanical switches and very heavy. Many people that put the "shelby" (same tail lights) tail lights in thier mustangs use an aftermarket system that's electronic. But I'm not sure if it would work for LEDs.

I'm 100% sure the t-bird had the sequential lights, but I can't remember if the cougar did. The cougar didn't share tail lights many years, so to find an origonal with the sequential option (it wasn't a standard feature) could prove diffucult.

At any rate it's a popular mod in the ford muscle circles. Shouldn't be too hard to dig up some info on them.

Edit: Did some searching and yes the cougar did come with sequentials

Most of the sequential setups I found are only designed for 3 phases.

http://mustangmonthly.com/howto/173_0404_ford_tail_light_install/

http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/

There are also some LED lights out there that are full sequential, but they're limited is shape & size.

http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/leds_plus.html

I think it would be alot more work, but you could always setup a custom LED controller.

http://www.oznium.com/zen?sid=f2e84d20bcf28531f753abe2aa0c907f

Thanks, that's the link i was looking for...

this weekend i will be measuring differnent flashlights (and other cirkular things with lights in them eg. stoplights :P ) if i find something that has the right diameter for the 280zx taillights i will soon start to build my own LED tails for my 280zx =)