HybridZ

S2000 Swap

Guest ON3GO

Well Desided once i get settled in and etc in my new place and make some room for some projects im gonna do a S2000 F20C in a 240Z.

ive been looking for a wreck S2000 i can use the following parts for the Z.

Engine

Tranny

Seats

Dash

Gauge cluster

Center console

Suspension?

Spoke to Sparky on here and he said a few cool ideas that i might take on, i just dont know if ill have the skill right now to do so, but ill give it a shot.

i have a 240Z already i can use.

im just lost on weither or not i wanna go Turbo or N/A.

I'll deff build the motor, and figure out the the rear diff with gear and etc, but it takes time and i understand that.

i just got out bid on a nice 2002 S2000 with 36k miles and was wreckec on the passnger side. sucks but ill keep looking around.

im looking at a 2000 year model now thats at a good price, even though its the worse year (2000) i dont mind as ill be redoing everything anyways.

anyways, just wanted to let ppl know that im gonna do it.

might not be the 1st as im sure it will take some time with me moving and all (where i dont know lol).

but im gonna do it.

parents said i can put the wrecked S2000 when i buy it in the back of my grandmas house under a tarp, so atleast i have a spot for that.

Thanks!

Mike

Are you building it for the track? Those motors are wind up toys. I drove a 2005 model and they have Zero Torque. No power under 4500 RPMS. It would be a shame to do a swap like that when the SR20DET is available. A guy swapped one into a 510 out in Cali. Looked like a clean swap.

All depends on the intended purpose. I'll take mine with a Shiiiit load of torque please.

S2k + Turbo = Better torque curve.

Dont they have like 230hp and 11trq stock or something? hehe. I got to drive one about two years ago. Belonged to a friend's boss and we were gonna wash and wax it for him. I have to say, they drive great, but man it takes a second or two to get em moving. Once you break 4k they'll pull but below that, I'm betting a kid on a big-wheel could keep up.. lol.

Sounds like a great swap. I'm gonna dredge up some pics of the motors and try to visualize it. I never did look at the motor in the one I drove.

i drive many S2000's, and they are one of my all time most fun cars to drive.

i think honda did a great job on them.

yes they have no low end torque but they do have some up top.

its gonna be setup for road racing and auto-x'ing and some daily driving... but i really just want that kinda of setup in a Z.. i think it would be fun.

a turbo version i prob would love but i havent driven on yet. i have driven a supercharged one and many n/a ones from stock till close to 300whp and it soooo much fun.

i have a 72 240Z ill be using, needs some work but it will be a good donar Z for the S2K swap.

im not a fan that much of a SR20... ive had a SR swapped S13 and it was okay but not my fav. i drive many SR20 powered cars daily and im building a SR20DET S12 200sx now, there great engines but i rather have that honda engine for my type of driving. I would do the CA18DET over the SR20DET anyday of the week.

i wanna keep the curb weight around 2200lbs for this Z to make it feel and drive the way i want it to. so its gonna be fun a maybe a task.

mike

i have rear miata suspension if you want to put that in the 240z. i was going to use it for myself but it looks like i'm going to go the stock-type style. rear upper and lower control arms and hubs. double wishbone! just thought i'd throw that out there as well as the TB and radiator.

s2000 motor in a 240z sounds like a hell of a monster.

could also probably help you out with tubing the front end to keep weight down, it should take more than 50lbs off the front end. getting my jd2 tubing bender soon hopefully after i take delivery on some starions and a FB.

steven m.

FINALLY :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I love that you're doing this, and I think I love you for it ;)

Did my F20C thred help this desision at all? (just trying to increase my hat size) I'm personally a big fan of the changes honda made to the suspension (02' i think) as it helped the car's turning at all speeds and softended the street ride a bit. But getting one that new would be expensive, even if it was damaged.

I'd personally go supercharged, JUST because it keeps the power linear and keeps the curve very close to stock. And with the increase in HP keeping it in the sweet spot shouldn't be hard. Should be EXTREMELLY streetable.

I've only spent a couple of hours under S2ks, so I can't tell you honestly if the suspension would even come close to fitting. Wish I could help you there.

So if you're going with the S2k dash are you going to mod the firewall at all to made it a true midship?

My friend has an s2000 and its a 2000 and the only way he can get it off the line is dumping the clutch at 6k. And for the suspension he tells me it was designed for drifting so its really hard to handle, or he just cant drive. Its a sweet car and that swap will be even sweeter.

My friend has an s2000 and its a 2000 and the only way he can get it off the line is dumping the clutch at 6k. And for the suspension he tells me it was designed for drifting so its really hard to handle, or he just cant drive. Its a sweet car and that swap will be even sweeter.

I think its that your friend can't drive.

Hey Mike,

About a year ago, I helped a friend turbo his s2000.

I don't remember the name of the kit, but I can find out if you want.

I drove the car hard before and after, it is an awesome drivetrain either way.

He was and still is running it at 6psi. He drives it hard every day. It uses a T3/T04E hybrid turbo.

Go for it!

16.jpg

aac5c95d.jpg

0b352885.jpg