HybridZ

Ls2 build up and dyno

Here is a simple build up that I would love to put into my 240z sometime. I have the motor in my 1993 RX7 with a t56 trans.

Ls2 402 eagle kit

ported 5.3 heads

236/236 601/601 115 cam

fast 90mm intake

42lb injectors

506RWHP

Dyno sheet

http://home.comcast.net/~nickn20/MikeRX7/MikeRX7baUC.jpg

On Saturday I took my RX7 to the track. My best run was a

1.8 60"

7.1@104mph 1/8

10.9@133.6mph 1/4

Traction was a big problem I need to put some slicks on this car.

I would like to see how a 402 ls2 would do in a lighter 240z.

video of a 11.1@131mph I was spinning all of the way down the track.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=093C2014-831D-4980-AB49-4C5C0B7EC8C7

MAS280, Did you use LS1 edit on that thing?

My guess is that in a lighter Zcar (RX7 weight with the LS2?) would be about the same, since it would be even more traction limited. You might be in the mid10s, but I don't know, the RX7 is under 2900# stock! :shock:

Dave (Qwik240) was down with his 240Z LS1 project car on Saturday and that car weighed in at 2500# and has full interior, full metal bumpers and A/C.

Gorgious car BTW, if any of you get a chance to see it. :2thumbs:

Mike

I just had this debate Saturday with Pete Paraska. The LS# based motors are in my opinion the absolute best V8 swap candidate of ANY V8 out there. The heads flow phenominally, the OEM based software tuning has truly gone through the roof, and the motors can be made to be so bombproof it is umbelievable... Factor in the weight savings on a traditional shortblock and you're lilghter than an L-6 Nissan motor by about 50#. :shock:

What's not to like? :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Very impressive Mike!! Looks like you guys had a good day of racing. Wish I could have been there, stupid work. Always next time! I see Mark was there (silver ls1 rx-7). Did Heavyz make it in Johns (ls1240z) old car. What kind of times did they pull?

JOEY

Mikelly, HPtuner was used for tuning. I also went with a SD tune and I love it. My old ls1/rx7 was 2846lbs and my new one should be about 50lbs lighter. The LS based motors are great motors to build, this car is a very streetable car. I drove it to the track 95miles each way and I still get about 25MPG.

JTR has been involved with the RX7 market in the last year. Both my LT 17/8 headers and Radiator are from JTR. When I 1st build my ls1/rx7 there where not any LT headers available.

I will be installing some ETP 225 heads in a few weeks, I am hoping for 530-540RWHP with this mild cam.

A motor like this should trap 138mph in a 240z, and that is all motor.