HybridZ

whats up guys

Guest 91coupe

Welcome! There are some good guys down in your area. I'm in the outskirts of Milwaukee myself. This place here is a wealth of information. Use the search function first before you ask any questions, because most everything has been hashed and rehashed.

I recommend the SBF if you're going 5.0 it's lighter. And you can get some nice mustang engine and convert to T56 tranny or keep the T5. :twisted:

I might have done this if I knew what I know now. 500Z sounds cool.

I would agree if it was an s30, but if it is a z32, I think the chevy or a 5.8L ford would be a better decision. Whats the point in going ford 5.0 if it has less or only marginal potential over stock. Plus a z32 is so heavy any way....

BTW: the SBF 5.0 is what i'm doing in the 240z, so happy I chose that over chevy. I like chevy too, but for my goal which will never ever exceed 500hp the 5.0 is a great match.

I would agree if it was an s30' date=' but if it is a z32, I think the chevy or a 5.8L ford would be a better decision. Whats the point in going ford 5.0 if it has less or only marginal potential over stock. Plus a z32 is so heavy any way....

BTW: the SBF 5.0 is what i'm doing in the 240z, so happy I chose that over chevy. I like chevy too, but for my goal which will never ever exceed 500hp the 5.0 is a great match.[/quote']

There is a lot of room for an SBF in the s30. And could keep it lighter with the T5. But the new 4.6 with the new 6 speed would be cool too if you could find a wrecked mustang or thunderbird.