HybridZ

Ordering a set of CCW's tomorrow, would you

Black centers will look the best for sure. I like the CCW's always have and on tour car they would be the best choice, but some Watanabes, Panasport, or even Rewinds with gun metal centers would still look good.

Now If I was to put new wheels on my 240 I would go with 15x10 Watanabe's, powder coated black centers, ZG's, fat a$$ rubber, and watch the my dollars grow wings and fly away.

I did find some rubber that would fit fat a$$ 15's but they were in the UK and were around $250-300USD a peice.

What are you going to do about the rear center cap? Will the ones from MSA fit in the CCW cneters?

Isk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only word of caution on the CCWs is they are a BIATCH to clean. We bolted a set on Jim's car... You can see them here: http://photos.yahoo.com/dat74z

Click on the Red Zcar folder.

ON3GO, We looked into sending Jim's wheels back and CCW didn't want to touch them. We had backspacing/ offset issues on the front of the car with the MML front hub (Only reason we swapped it out to Jamie T's hub/ brake setup) and wanted to send the fronts back and have the wheels redone with different offset and they told us it would be about the same price as buying new wheels! :shock:

I did a little diggin' and found that they aren't as open to redoing wheels for customers, and they grill you a bit more on the backspacing/ offset of the wheel order before completing the order now days... There once was a time when they'd redo a wheel for you for under $200.

Mike :2thumbs:

Guest Grenade300

Hey Speeder, are those Mustang Cobra rims you have on "Porkchop"? If so, how are you mounting them (spacer/adapter, or Arizona Z brake kit), I looked on your website and you still had the black mesh wheels there and the wheels you have on there in your signature are 5 spokes.

Thanks

The website is woefully out of date concerning wheels, body, and engine - have to update sometime.

I'm using 2-piece 4-5lug spacer/adaptors 1.75" thick on Arizona Z-car 4-lug brakes to enable use of Mustang wheels on my coilover'ed Z. The black mesh HREs were 16" and really limited tire choices.

When I am out of bodywork hell with the new flares on I will be installing the AZCar 5-lug brakes and getting wheels (CCW) which will need no spacers to fit.

The 4-lug AZC brake kit retains the stock backspace range but the 5-lug set moves the hubs outward.

I just hung up with Chip @ CCW wheel and I got the order started with a pliminary size. I need some hard numbers to tell them what I want as far as offset/backspace....

I will order 17x10.5 rear and 17x9 front, but I don't know what to tell them to make the offset/backspace. Can anyone that knows for sure help me out here so I can call them back with that info?

I will be using the MSA ZG flares, and I already have coilovers...

What OS and BS do I need please?????

oh, and asap if possible.. :toetap05:

thanks again for all you guys help!!

j.

Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you will be happy with the CCWs!!!

On mine, I also have 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear also. I would forget about offset and just try to figure out backspace as the 2 are related anyways and IMO BS is easier to figure out. Mine are 5.25" front BS and 5.5" rear BS. Keep in mind I am using the AZC 5 lug hubs and sectioned 240z struts. This fitment is perfect for my car. The way I figured mine out is by measuring the current BS on the wheels that where already on my car ( I also have a set of oem Ford Mustang wheels) I used these as reference. I imagine you have a set of wheels on you car now....just measure the BS on those wheels and go from there. The nice thing about the CCWs is you can have them made to order and delete the need to use spacers or adapters. Hope this helps.

So if I went with 4.5 front and 5 rear, they would set under fender farther?

No. That would push them out further. Think of it as moving the center, if you move the center away from the struts it pushes the wheel AWAY from the center.

To have them tuck under the car you would need as much BS as possible, wich can be a biznatch but worth it when you want to get the deepest dish possible.

To try not to confuse you just listen to Jaime.

I've always thought you can squeeze wider wheels in the front with ZG's since you can get 9's in the front under a stock fender.

Isk

When I talked to them they gave me the same numbers but that was for a STOCK suspension.

I would just like Jaimie said, you don't want to screw up.

You could even build one of those back space measuring tools, you know the one you have to "mount" a tire on.

Isk

When I talked to them they gave me the same numbers but that was for a STOCK suspension.

Isk

Ditto on that one. I agree, John at CCW was very knowlwdgable and helpfull over the phone. He took my order and had great customer service. But you want to make sure they are aware of any changes to your suspension and hubs as these items may change your specs from stock. 4.5 or 5" BS will not be enough in most modified Z with coilovers, actually I guess it will work but the wheel will be pulled out far away from the strut unnecessarily.

I would suggest taking off one of your current wheel/tire combos. lay it flat on the ground with the wheel face down. If you have any spacers or adapters, remove them from the hub and place them into the wheel mounting suface, as if you were going to mount them on the car. Then measure your current backspacing by pacing a straight edge across the inner lip (not the bead) of the wheel. use another ruler or tape to measure the distance between the mounting surface on the wheel center and the straightedge on the wheel lip. This will give you your current BS and help you make a descision with what BS you will want. More BS will push the wheel in towards the strut and less BS will move the wheel out away from the strut.

OK, John @ CCW will be calling me back (since he wasn't avail at the moment when I called to place order) and Chip said John would do the order and specs.

I will just leave it up to his judgement after telling him what I have setup wise, and what look I'm after.

Should I go for 11's rear and 9's front? Are good Z rated tires avail in those sizes (17x10.5, 17x11 and 17x9?)

I have been reading thru the archives, but if you don't understand B.S. and offset, it s hard for me to make the call.... and for 2 grand, I'd rather ask even though it may be noted somewhere down deep in the archives..

thanks a whole bunch

j.

[quote name=J.

I will just leave it up to his judgement after telling him what I have setup wise' date=' and what look I'm after.

[/quote]

I really feel you should not leave anything on your car up to anyone else. I can understand you not graspping the whole BS thing and wanting to get the wheels are your car right away. But letting some one who can't see your car and take measurements make the call based on his best guess is a bad idea.

If you can learn what to do yourself then tell him exactly want you want you'll get the very most out of your setup. It is relly very simple once you can wrap your head around it.

Isk

You wont have any problem finding tires. Let us know what he say's as far as offset.

I will inform the board what John says once he returns the call.

And......

Originally Posted by J. Soileau RB26zcar

I also will have the CF ZG flares, and a CF rear bre style spoiler. The front Kanimari air dam will be matt black.... will this look ok or would another style wheel go beter with my set up??

Boo... MSA just emailed me stating they are out of stock on the CF ZG's and CF spoiler....

Maybe I should change over to fiberglass...??

ya i heard the same thing about the cf zg's from MSA..

waiting for my works style zg's from Vince once he gets to getting them done.. i rather wait for awhile and get a great part then a half *** part.

plus there alot wider which i need for my new wheels.

mike