HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

I wonder how hugo is doing?, since I haven't heard anything new, since about May. All I can say is about my project is I got all of the parts I need to get it back on the road, then from there the real work can begin. Custom one off interior and a one off motor that can only be made via a l28E.... would be nice to small block my car, but I just can't find it in my heart to not make this car nissandatsunnismo powered some how.. I am sorry I just find it funny when that guy has a big old 572 power truck, vet, or.. hotrod and you kick his ass right from the light with a V6 like the GNX's there is nothing funnier no matter how much work you have done to the motor, and drive train.

Mull, I hope you are doing well, and everythign is going fine... hope you can/got a whole bunch of snowbaording in, I know I barly could what with college and lack of good snowboarding weather in Southern Ontario..

Cheers!!!

Hey Mull, I just got done reading this thread and watching 18 vids. I admire your dedication. you sure don't mess around. I was curious...i noticed your engine build is quite extensive, Besides the crank, block and the heads there is nothing stock. Do you plan on chasing down the Gostrider in Stockholm?

I see that u skinned off the roof. whats the deal with that? putting in a big piece of glass?

I know why he did it, like the others said to weld the top of the roll cage.. how ever when I saw that, just thought.. there was a better way but you know whats done, is done...I am sure he's got an idea, other wise he would have done it..

All I know is when you cage a car. You usually take your time.. you start by moving all of the cut piece's, into the car. Then you layout the top and only the top.. mock it up with ***TACK WELDS ONLY***, get your buddies or relatives, or sexy girlfriend to help you lift it up!! Make sure everything is where it is suppose to be.... then you lower it and make adjustment if need, then weld the "top" and bottom OF THE TOP PIECE!! **Note once the top piece is welded together your not taking it out of the car, meaning your piece will sit in the car for as long as the roll cage is not welded or set up! Thus it stay in until you chop it out...** then put the rest of your carefully measured piece's together, so that the top piece can stand on it own. By doing that one important step of assembling the roll cage inside the car, you make sure the top is welded without having to cut a Hole in the roof...

Welcome to the world of Street Rodding.. Kids biggrin.gif!!!

(If I get yelled at!!!! For dropping my advice, or thoughts on the roll cage thing. Or I hear Your in the wrong thread!!! OMG! READ THIS WHOLE THREAD!)

Mull... I really hope, that it is the sexiest sunroof when it is done!!! or else i might just **Palmface** Edited by Bandit50

• 3 months later...
not really, if you have a buddy manufacture it. i wonder if hes going to be adding power steering since he's using s14 front?

Yeah. That's the plan.

found some more updated vids.

http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mull/wmv/

No you didn't. Unfortunately. Wish I had more. Can't say when it'll be on the move again, it'd be pure speculation on my behalf. Sorry :(

Wedge, me too! Hope he hasn't stalled on it or given up. Liked the progress he was making so far. A real inspiration to us all. I have to redo the floors in mine. Michigan and old cars usually don't go together very well because of the salt. Not going to go the sandblasting route though. Just cut what I see is bad and weld in new. Looking for more posts Mull. Thanks for what you've done so far. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to here from you mull :), also glad to see that it was your plan to use a carbon fiber roof, the power steering I was expecting... I really can't wait to see this thing done, keep on tuckin, or well in this case "Styling and Profiling" You always seem to set the bar.:cheers: Keep picking away at it, you will have it done before you know it.

• 1 month later...