HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

Awesome thread :hail: Videos are superb :icon14:

If anyone needs inspiration to rebuild a car then it's all here. This project has inspired me so much, I have rebuilt my 200SX :D

Keep up the good work fella and I look forwards to the updates.

Mucho respect!!!!

No love this weekend. Another car had priority. Front end will have to wait a little bit longer, which is a good thing since I have yet to summon a set of adjustable coilovers for the installation...

awww that sucks I was hope'in it would have been installed, feel your pain mull :( hope you have good luck finding coilovers...wait let me see if I can find any thing on the web.......(beep beep beep... error 404... #loading# beep *BUZZZ*..... DING!!!:icon15:)

Here is a company thats got a set. check out http://www.optionimports.co/meracoki8924.html.. webs site looks :puke:... but the company name is there, thats all you really need to browse for a good price, if you can find a retailer that might carry them or you can possibly order a set! if you read the decriptions it says "adjustable!"... look like they got some other stuff here to..

When and if your looking for a good racing clutch mull. I would say, try finding someone that sells Centerforce clutchs if possible.. My dads stock car team used them, when they where racing, good clutchs! I am going to be putting one in my car :icon14: The one in his Chev S10, has lasted him 10 years, still going.. and his truck is on it second body job what with the salt and all in Canada!

Been about a year since I checked up on this thread, but I was at a friend's place last night (hardcore FB Rx-7 guy), and he was telling me I had to see the this series of videos he downloaded about a 240z build. Ended catching up the build so far. Amazing work and huge and huge props.

Great work on the video editing too, but how do you find that much time to work on the car and then edit videos about it?

• 4 weeks later...
Whats the word?

Any progress?

Well, this is the latest and greatest:

finally.jpg

Bought Tein EDFC and Tein Flex (during next week). Currently waiting for valve shims and valve covers (from powder coating). Also waiting for the next weekend to show up. Hopefully the guys at Huddinge kustoms (the same dynamic duo that mounted the rear suspension) will have time to get the front suspension in place.

So I take it that you have the front and rear subframe in then, from the coil over pics :P

I wish :-r

It was due this weekend, but turned out there was another car (that wasn't finished and needed fixing till today [sunday]), strapped to the car-o-liner bench. Bugger.

So, the front end got bumped forward in time another couple of weeks since I'm going snowboarding this upcoming weekend - and the next.

Tein springs, good company to bad they don't make replacements for stock springs 280zx..

When will they realize that some datsun owners don't want crappy tokico springs in there cars :( they want HKS, Tein, or HP and to bolt in!

Did the link, I posted help at all mull?

Tein springs, good company to bad they don't make replacements for stock springs 280zx..

When will they realize that some datsun owners don't want crappy tokico springs in there cars :( they want HKS, Tein, or HP and to bolt in!

Did the link, I posted help at all mull?

Uh, regardless whether those companies would make coilovers for our cars, you would still have to weld them in i.e. not bolt on.

ground control makes some decent one.

Well anyways~

mull, what's you plans for the car for the next couple of months?

Uh, regardless whether those companies would make coilovers for our cars, you would still have to weld them in i.e. not bolt on.

ground control makes some decent one.

Well anyways~

mull, what's you plans for the car for the next couple of months?

....Look, if I am welding in springs in my car it isn't going to have standard tires on the back :) Or the standard motor, like I said in my last post

"When will they realize that some datsun owners don't want crappy tokico springs in there cars :-( they want HKS, Tein, or HP and to bolt in!"

i am not trying to be angery, nore do I think you where insulting me just thought I would hi-lite somethings, yup think that about sums it up.. So... my question and what he said!

Edited by Bandit50
sound like I am angery, and can't spell. therefor not a robot!

"When will they realize that some datsun owners don't want crappy tokico springs in there cars they want HKS, Tein, or HP and to bolt in!"

Funny. I sell a "bolt-in" kit with Tokico or Koni shocks, Hypercoil springs, and camber plates. I sell a few each year, mostly to racers who've won in VARA, SCCA, and NASA. How many do you want? :-)

Funny. I sell a "bolt-in" kit with Tokico or Koni shocks, Hypercoil springs, and camber plates. I sell a few each year, mostly to racers who've won in VARA, SCCA, and NASA. How many do you want? :-)

Do I have to hi-lite more, I don't want tokico spring:( **Shakeshead**.... However, you sell a "bolt in" kit for 1979-83 280ZX springs from koni....OK? Why can't I find anything on the Koni website??:hs: Do you have that in 1inch - 3inch drop, are they fully adjustable ride height? I have seen to many cars with with there tires looking like this/ / yeah to much camber for the road if you ask me, and the go through so many tires **Shakeshead** Please do not say weld them in!!!! If you say weld them in I go back to where I said "bolt in!"

Once again, if there are any companies out there licensing, remember not everyone drives a 240z, 260z,280z, ,300z, 350z

280ZX the forgotten Z----------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

Well, if you read my post I listed Tokico and Koni shocks and Hypercoil springs. And no, I don't make anything for the S130 other then carbon fiber hoods. If you're hell bent on bolt-in parts, you probably need to be on a different forum. HybridZ is not a bolt-in kinda place as evidenced by the work Mull is doing.

Oh I readed your post, did you read mine? Koni doesn't have anything on there website for my year of car! You see some of us go about modding the original engine. *cough cough* Derek! and his awesome air intake set up! Others go about fitting M/T E streets in are cars with Chevy A American motor they like <-- (my kind of people) but I bet there is a crowd on here that's modding the original engine, example turbo, custom headers. That would like performance suspension to help them grip a bit in the corners just a bit better, and for it to bolt right in to there car.

If you care to argue against this send me a PM, email, etc.. keep it off the forums, others and mull I am sure don't want to here people complaining or arguing .

Edited by Bandit50
I can't spell there for i am not a robot