HybridZ

Ridgeline, Truck of the year?!

rudypoochris

BTW... Nissan still doesn't offer the Titan with an 8 foot bed. They still don't get it.

Official and un-official rumors have Nissan releasing an HD Titan in 2007. Supposed to have 5.5L Turbo Diesel, an 8-foot bed, and is geared to compete with the domestic 3/4-ton offerings. I sincerely hope that these rumors come true.

DETROIT – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s Titan fullsize pickup truck will eventually get a diesel engine option, a company executive tells Ward's.

“It's under study and it will happen,” Carlos Tavares, executive vice president-product planning, says.

Tavares does not say whether Nissan will collaborate with subsidiary Nissan Diesel Ltd. or another supplier to develop the diesel mill.

Previous indications were Nissan would not collaborate with Nissan Diesel if it went ahead with such an engine. (See related story: Nissan Mum on Future Diesels, Hybrids)

CEO Carlos Ghosn said earlier in the week that Nissan would be ready with diesel engines when the U.S. market demonstrates a demand. (See related story: Ghosn Says Nissan Will be Ready With Diesels)

Although the Titan grew sales in 2005 vs. 2004, Nissan's first fullsize pickup truck has yet to meet its annual sales goal of 100,000 units.

Some industry critics have suggested the lack of a V-6 engine is hamstringing the Titan's potential growth. The truck only is available with a V-8 engine.

Tavares says, “it's possible” a V-6 engine could be in Titan's future. However, Nissan does not want to diminish the vehicle's appeal to U.S. fullsize truck enthusiasts, which the auto maker studied in developing the Titan. (See related story: Nissan Chief Designer Reveals New Direction)

It is important for the Titan to have the correct “fundamentals” to appeal to Americans,” he says, who want high torque and horsepower, as well as adequate towing capacity with their fullsize pickups.

“If you miss a fundamental, you're out of the game,” says Tavares. So if you (add) a smaller engine…you can sell some (additional units). All the same, he says, Nissan is better positioned by sticking with its lone V-8.

I believe Nissan is expecting the 'bed extender' to compensate for the lack of a current 'longbed' version.

I drive an 02 chevy 2500 duramax crew cab. Now that is truck!.

I will agree that GM's warrenty and service SUCK. I had the truck back seven times for power steering issues. I was told seven times that they all do that. I went up the chain with GM and got nowhere.

Finally, I put a new auto zone power steering pump on the truck. Fixed all my problems and a life time warrenty to boot.