HybridZ

performance probe bashes a stupid honda kid

Guest HBZ81

this honda kid thinks he gained 15% hp from an oil change, and killed some insane cars (2001 WRX STi? Thought the USA didnt get them until 2003 or so)

here is the performance probe link:

http://www.performanceprobe.com/foru...2&page=1&pp=15

and here is the kid they keep bashing:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2175589/1

the kid keeps deleting his comments that question him, and because of that they comments in his guestbook keep getting worse!rofl.gif

ROFL!!! Ok, so he's got a 15-mid14 sec honda at best if he can even drive half decent. And he wants to say he beat an EVO??? HAHAHAHA What an idiot. "Yea, I beat the most idiot proof drag car on the street that runs 13's no matter how bad you are." <-- just quoting his obvious thought process.

Can people really blame honda for having such idiots buying them? I'm not one for honda bashing as I've built a few honda motors in my time, but I LOVE bashing honda owners. Seems like a majority of them bought a honda 100% on assumption and didn't even test drive multiple vehicles or bought it for it's "potential" but then don't A. have the money to bring it to someone who knows what they're doing or B. Can't do any performance work themselves.

I still can't believe there are guys like this. These are people (seems to me at least) that are into cars 100% because of the FAD aspect, wich you can thank the fast and the furious for so much of.

Guest davidssickmind

Can people really blame honda for having such idiots buying them? I'm not one for honda bashing as I've built a few honda motors in my time' date=' but I LOVE bashing honda owners. Seems like a majority of them bought a honda 100% on assumption and didn't even test drive multiple vehicles or bought it for it's "potential" but then don't A. have the money to bring it to someone who knows what they're doing or B. Can't do any performance work themselves.

I still can't believe there are guys like this. These are people (seems to me at least) that are into cars 100% because of the FAD aspect, wich you can thank the fast and the furious for so much of.[/quote']

Seriously, there ARE fast Honda Civics out there, but it's sad that about 95% of the fanbase for Hondas are just so...stupid. A couple of my close friends DO have very low 12 second street legal Hondas on street tires, but this guy? B16A2 with 170 hp competing with cars that run an easy 13 seconds? I think it's bad enough when people only build cars to get the attention on the street so they can sit back and brag, but it's even worse when they sit back and make lies about themselves on the internet.

^ Did I say hondas can't be fast? Ahem, :stands on soap box: "Proud builder of street driven 11 sec hondas." :steps down from soap box:

Doesn't change the fact that most honda drivers are idiots. It's ok, I love mustangs and most mustang fans are idiots too.

The evolution is simple...

Kid gets his first car... He/ she either gets handed down the family commutor box which is normally a Honda, A Nissan Sentra/ Altima, Toyota tercel, Dodge Neon, or Saturn. ALL are front drivers and all are cheap to insure a new driver with. He/ She promtly totalls the car within months and the family is forced to either buy them another car or forces them to buy their own... With little credit worthiness, or a job. You can pick up hondas cheap and you'll certainly fit in with your friends at the school parking lot or local hangout, and they get decent mpg AND are durable as a commutor. People wonder WHY this craze has taken off and I just shake my head. If I had spoilers, wings, exhaust mods and cold air kits back when I was 16, My 73 Toyota Celica would have been the most clapped out garrish mass of bling parts on four wheels.

I know in my own household we wouldn't let our youngest make his car faster. So what else could he do? It had to be fart pipe, tint, interior, CAI, and other minor mods... Nothing that would significantly enhance the performance of the car. We did do suspension work to the car, but that was it. The last thing I wanted was a young, inexperienced driver out on the roads in a fast car.

His father thought otherwise and bought him a Turbo B16Vtec'ed 94 Civic Hatch, so the young man went off to live with dad and his new car on his 18th Bday. :roll: All we can do now is sit back and HOPE he is doing the right thing... On the plus side, our insurance dropped almost $3K when he moved in with his dad. :shock:

It makes perfect sense why we see such a boom in the ricer car industry. It's all these kids have. They aren't going to get decent insurance on an RSX or SRT NEON, or evo8/ STI. Not unless mommy and daddy buy it for them and pick up the insurance bill too. It's expensive for a young NEW driver to get into the car thing, and all these mods that they think will give them HP share a common theme... THEY ARE CHEAP to do and THEY can BE DONE with hand tools in most cases. :2thumbs:

I say let them think they are driving around in 11 second daily drivers... The threads and stories they tell are amusing. They make for very good laughs... :lmao:

Every time one of my stepsons friends talks about a fast car, I take them for a ride in my old tired C5. They ussually are pricing them within 24 hours... I always get calls or visits from them asking for advice within days of a "ride"! :2thumbs:

The oldest stepson was eat up with the civic/ ricer scene from the age of 16-19. Then early this year right after he turned 20, he moved out on his own and shortly after bought himself an RX7 3rd gen. Three months later he sold it due to money issues and he bought a new Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV and has settled into an RB25 swap into a 240SX. He has grown out of the Honda scene and hates them now as much as anyone does. He was complaining to me over the holidays about "those guys". I got a good chuckle later when I was thinking about how much he has grown up and how I'm so glad he isn't "one of them" anymore... The younger stepson will grow out of it too. I call it "evolution of a car guy"! :2thumbs:

Cut these little dweebs some slack. One day they may all grow up to be HybridZers! :-)

Cheers! :cheers:

Mike :cool:

It makes perfect sense why we see such a boom in the ricer car industry. It's all these kids have. They aren't going to get decent insurance on an RSX or SRT NEON' date=' or evo8/ STI. [/quote']

as bastaad would definetly say, "IT'S NOT A NEON!!!!"

>.<

:)

pull up next to dweeb with new civic si at stop light.light turns green-he lights it up and i crawl out of the light becuase i suspect cops are around.next light he does it again-i take off normal and nail it at the cross walk at the other side of the intersection.see ya.i ask him at the 3rd intersection if his car is fast.he shuts up.another dweeb in very ricey prelude pulls up net to me.i was driving girlfriends 2000 maxima.it was on the expressway at 12am sunday.take care of that buffoon to.i ask him if i need to go home and get my good car.a bunch of those fools live around my house.i really like the cars with the fart can mufflers that run automatic trans-seems like they hold 2nd gear for 30 seconds or so.if i was on my street bike i would be going 140mph and be in the next county by then.one of these days when i tow my friends car to the drag strip with my van i will clean it out and beat a honda with it-its a 96 ford e150 with a 5.8l and a few minor mods-it tows real good.

that is to funny. that kid is probobly crying that he said something like that. I think he probobly even relized that car threads all over the web are talking(or laughing) about him.If oil changes cause hp to go up im gona change my oil every week and forget about dropping v8s in z haha. god i would hate to be that kid right now.....

Funny story. I agree with MiKelly about the fact that Honduhs are practical and all these kids have. I was like that line a quarter of a century ago with my German Ricer, a VW GTI. It was actually peppy back then and I did what I could tafford to soup it up, but that kid's Civic would smoke it today.

I think there's hope for the Honduh crowd though. They worship me when I drive the ultimate ricer car, my 93 RX7. I get comments all the time when I'm driving and Civics with fart pipes follow me to give me the thumbs up.

Hey it says 0-60 in 3.2 secs...WTF? So he is running high 10s lol. That reminds me of some of the clueless kids in Okinawa that always talked so much bullsh*t....too funny....I mean when you watch someone run and it takes 5 seconds to start moving forward there has to be something wrong...or when the rear tires are 165 14s and they brag about laying down rubber...theres something wrong....when you actually ride in a 10 sec car....priceless... No Im not gonna run you in a mile long course either.....LMAO.

Terry

Guest bastaad525
as bastaad would definetly say' date=' "IT'S NOT A NEON!!!!"

>.<

:)[/quote']

eh?? why would you say that? I'm not one of 'those guys'. I have no qualms admitting what my new toy is :P

But then, I never understood where all the Neon hate came from anyways? Since they first came out I thought they were cool cars, I liked the look, some think maybe they are too 'cute' or 'girly'... probably the same guys that wouldn't be caught dead in a Miata (I would LOVE to drive and own a Miata, btw). Neons have had a decent track presense and reputation for almost as long as they've been around, the R/T and ACR's are well known to be great cars at auto X'ing or road courses... at least as far as FWD's go.

Even such well known sport compact scene magazines such as Sport Compact Car and Super Street have had project Neons at one time or another. While I hate Super Street now, they used to be a decent mag... but that's besides the point.. point is that at one point they were considered a worthwhile sport compact, performance oriented car.

But somehow all this seems to add up to nothing and lately Neon's just have a really horrible reputation and most people look at them with so much disdain like they are just utter junk. *shrug* whatever. Not really too concerned about what other people think about where I spend my money, obviously... if I had cared I'd have bought some other car! :D

My car is a Neon, I would never deny it. Though really if you think about it, it's only a Neon in the barest sense... the body shell and interior. The drivetrain, suspension, brakes... just about everything that matters is completely different from a 2.0 N/A Neon. Personally I like the way it looks, and as you all probably already know the thing has GREAT performance and a TON of potential for even better performance, far better than ANY car anywhere near it's price range. I am loving owning it so far, I have no complaints other than that I wish I had more money to start with bigger upgrades NOW. But I'm not fooling myself or trying to fool anyone else, it is 'just a Neon'. Just one hell of a fast Neon :D

Hey mikelly, there is definatelly an "evolution of the car guy" like you state. I once thought the shelby cobra was the hottest and fastest car ever made. Boy did reality hurt.

I'm as broke as any kid out there; but I bought a slow POS 280ZX that does 0-60 sometimes.... BUT!!!!! It's a thousand times more fun than any of the fast FWD cars I've owned/driven/built. It all comes down to the fact that this whole car modding thing has becomase POP culture. But I guess it was the same thing in the 50's so I should just shut up. My main beef is that the POP culture side of things are focused on the look of the car more than anything else, whereas the 50's era was mostly about the sound and feel of speed, even if few took advantage of it.

But I guess we all have to have our AE86 of sorts. The car that started it all. The love. The car that taught us how to drive and how to understand personal/vehicular limits. For me that's been the 280ZX. I used to get mad with traffic and such with all my previous cars. But when I finally decided to get a beater that could actaully be something someday and bought a ZX... man, I've never hated driving since. I love to just drive! Maybe these hondas will lead kids to the same emotions someday. If so, good for them.