HybridZ

Vinh got a mention in Sport Z magazine

Trevor

Amidst random snaps from the Convention last Summer. Photo on page 62 and "Vinh Vo of Pittsburgh, PA, ...his 280ZX roadster to check out the show. Triple-grilled louvres on the front fenders with the Z logo from a 350 were nice touches."

Just got my copy of SportZ and noticed Vin's car. He does have a very distinctive 280ZX!! They could have used a more flattering photo though.

DSC03504.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

I was also surprised to see that my 280zxt also made the convention pictures!! though you need a magnifying glass to see it LOL.....upper left hand corner of photo 1 on page 63!! Silver over blue 81. Even got a name mention in the final standings listing, third place 280zx daily driver (don't tell anyone that there were only 3 entries).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments guys. Can someone give me some information so I can get the magazine? I have met John at the Zcar convention last summer and he said he will give a small write up about my car on a Zcar magazine. I have not heard from him since. Please send me a message with the info about the magazine. Thank you.

Phil,

I like the top picture. It came out nice.

I would think your car would deserve more then a small write up. It really gets me they call it Sport Z, but I see more ZX's, G35's and 350 Z's in that mag then anything.

I think they need to get away from the bolt on crowd and get some Hybridz owners in that magazine of theyres to make it really good:D

Vinh, I'm the guy you need to talk to. Not sure who John is since there is no one that I know of that works for the magazine with that name.

First and foremost, one of the things we require for a Z car to make it as a feature in the magazine is for the owner to at least have a subscription to the magazine. Your car is a perfect canidate for our pages since we are always looking for modifed 280ZX's. JeffP's is nice but it's always good to have others.

Contact me direct (PM me) or go to our website at ww.sportzmagazine.com.

Hey EZ-E, I guess Rick Marcus's 76 280Z V8, David Greimann's 79 280ZX V8, Bruce Bladon's Scarab V8, Rick Johnson's 73 240Z V8, Jeff Priddy's 450hp 280ZX, Mike Debusk's 500hp Z31, Sean Wagner's 744hp Z32, Joel Michalski's V8 Z31, Brian Schwatken's LS1 Z32, just to name a few that have graced our pages don't count? I'll check some of the other magazines from the past couple of years to see if combined they match up to this.

Don't be discouraged Vinh, contact me and we'll talk.

Art Singer

Sport Z Magazine

Art,

Thanks for the info. It was John Hunter Daily who took pictures of my roadster ZX at the convention. He's got a convertible ZX himself as well and he probably had something to do with how my Z was featured on your magazine. Sorry but I was never a big fan of any kind of car magazines. However, this one can be an exception. I will visit the web site to get info on how to subscribe to the magazine.

MiKelly,

I met Glen and Pete P. at the convention also. The Cobra Kit Car is my current project with the LS1 engine.

Vinh' date=' I'm the guy you need to talk to. Not sure who John is since there is no one that I know of that works for the magazine with that name.

First and foremost, one of the things we require for a Z car to make it as a feature in the magazine is for the owner to at least have a subscription to the magazine. Your car is a perfect canidate for our pages since we are always looking for modifed 280ZX's. JeffP's is nice but it's always good to have others.

Contact me direct (PM me) or go to our website at ww.sportzmagazine.com.

Hey EZ-E, I guess Rick Marcus's 76 280Z V8, David Greimann's 79 280ZX V8, Bruce Bladon's Scarab V8, Rick Johnson's 73 240Z V8, Jeff Priddy's 450hp 280ZX, Mike Debusk's 500hp Z31, Sean Wagner's 744hp Z32, Joel Michalski's V8 Z31, Brian Schwatken's LS1 Z32, just to name a few that have graced our pages don't count? I'll check some of the other magazines from the past couple of years to see if combined they match up to this.

Don't be discouraged Vinh, contact me and we'll talk.

Art Singer

Sport Z Magazine[/quote']

No no dont get me wrong, its not that and I know you have to cater to the larger crowd, its just from what I have seen of late, it seems the magazine is more geared toward the newer generation cars then the older generation cars.

That is what I thought your magazine was produced for.

Just an opinion though, nothing more.