HybridZ

My Rewinds showed up...pics

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking GREAT tec280zx!!!

I just got my rewind in today from the NASA deal except in graphite.

Now to figure out what tire size to go with.

Just put my Rewinds on with Yokahama 205/60/15' and the SOB's rub on the lower turn signal valance! I put the Tokico HP struts and springs on. God I cant beleive they rub and I was going to go with 215's. Now what to do.........

Wow you get rubbing with 205/60 15"... This is with 15x7 0 ET ???

I was going to go with 225/60 15" all around. I was also thinking I would need spacers also to get that JDM tyteee flushness. :D lol What I mean is when you look down from the top of the car the fender lip and edge of tire are perfectly flush with eachother.

This is not my race car, so not going for performace just looks(nice filled wheelwells).

Will be going coilovers just to get the fender/wheel gap looking perfect.

Any suggestions on tire size?

Hey guys I figured I'd chime in on this one. I got a set of Rewinds a few months ago for my S30, and they look sweet. I've got 205/60/15 tires on my car, and I have no rubbing issue. In fact I'm sure I could have gone with a 215 size tire with no issue. My tire choice was based on the largest tire size I could fit on the rim while still keeping the stock tire height of 24".

If you are rubbing the front fender I would check to see if your tensions rods are bolted tight. I noticed that when I installed the ball & cup style T/C that 1 of my tires was almost 1" forward of the other. And after doing some checking I founf that I had not tighted the the nut on the T/C rod enough.

Hope that helps

Steave when I bought my 70-240z it came with 175/60/14 I change they and went to 195/60/14 and they rubed the front lower turn signal valance just as your did. I took the car to fox and fox here in Fort Wayne and they adjudted my front end and a lined, I never had a problem again.

Ripped my rims out of the box so fast you think I would have looked harder. DOH!!!!

The caps were in there 8)

After doing hours of reading on all the Z forums, I think I will go with 225/50/15's. I found the reason mine were rubbing on my '72 240zt was they are not 0 offset. I looked at my '78 with cyclones and same size tire(195/70/14) and they did not stick out nearly as far, so hopefully with the 225/50/15's on the rewinds it will work with the eibach springs.

Funny you mentioned the T/C rods because I got the Energy Susp. set for my 280 and did the whole front and when I put them on I had the car on stands and it wasn't high enough that I could use my torque wrench as it was too long and bad angle. When I get it on a lift I will check the torque setting as I guessed and have a bad habit of overtightening things. Thanks for bringing that up. Think I'll invest in a short breakaway torque wrench.

Chris

I got my rewinds today from discount tire and my cap was in the bottom of the box. Paid $381.60 including tax. I got my for $85.00 a wheel and $20.00 for the lug nuts. I remember when the guy at the tire store pulled up the priced on the computer I saw that they cost them $67.00 wheel. I guess $ 18.00 a wheel mark wasn’t so bad. They told me it would take be here in six weeks it took two weeks.

Cool. Hey eric check out http://www.zccne.org . I'm a member there and alot are from Ma. also. I'm surprised the rims cost them that much considering through the NASA deal they were $55 each + shipping(no sales tax in NH but Property taxes will kill you). Now the deal seems even sweeter. I'd really like to organize some impromtu Z rides come spring as the web is fun but driving the Z on windy N.E. roads at Z acceptable speeds can't be beat. 8) I noticed Brandon is from Me. so alot of people here could make for a good cruise. I will post some pics when I get mine on, but I am in no hurry considering we got 4 inches of snow today. 8; I feel like a bottle of Heinz, anticipation is killing me. 8)

Keep on Z'in

Chris

Ripped my rims out of the box so fast you think I would have looked harder. DOH!!!!

The caps were in there 8)

After doing hours of reading on all the Z forums' date=' I think I will go with 225/50/15's.[/quote']

225 would be as wide as you should go with a 7" rim.

On the front caps you will need to sand off almost 1/4" off the bottom so that they will clear the hub, and snap in flush.

Awesome Ed thanks for the pictures!!! Your Z looks great!!!

When you get a chance NO RUSH. Could you take a picture from the back and front so I can get an idea how much further the wheel/tire needs to come out to be flush with the fender. If you know what I mean.

Those are 205/60's??

I am still trying to decide 215/60 or 225/60...

Thanks again.

Chris I am down for some touge runs come the spring. I need to fix a bunch of stuff on the z first and work is leaving me no time. :(

I have been to the zccne site but need to check in more. We will have to get a bunch of Z riders together.