HybridZ

Ole Blue Z is about done...

Guest ON3GO

Heres a few pics of what ive been doing.

right now just doing little finishing up things.

i gotta finish the rear hatch floor area to cover up where the spare tire was and where the fuel cell now is.

carpet is pretty much already done but i just have to finish a few areas (no pics of that).

dash is about 90% done.

i got the microtech ecu and handheld controller in the glove box and ready to go.

the start button and switch i put in the ash tray, james bond'ish.

the wiring will be done this week.

i made alittle nifty sheild for the msd box so no water will go into the box threw where the wires come out of it.

engine is pretty much all done.

theres really not much left.

ill update this thread with how it looks when its 100% done within the next 2 weeks.

let me know what ya think.

PDR_2249.JPG

PDR_2250.JPG

PDR_2253.JPG

PDR_2254.JPG

PDR_2259.JPG

PDR_2256.JPG

PDR_2262.JPG

mike

dont forget about the doors Mike, unless your planning on cruising around without doors, its very volkswagen thing of you to do. hell it saves some weight right?

seriously though it looks like your moving right along...although I may just beat you too it :)

Nice siphon hose you have in the back there. J/K

Looking good, how are you planning on filling in the space around the fuel cell?

Will you have to open the hatch to fill it up? I considered doing the fuel cell thing but don't like the idea of opening the hatch to fill up and didn't want to do that much fab work to build a filler neck. I'm seriously considering the LS1 tank swap right now. I welded a sump on my stock tank but have leaking problems and don't really like the fuel lines hanging out the back the way they do.

Keep up the good work.

Wheelman

ill pop the hatch to fill it up, i wanted to do that anyways since we shaved the fuel door.

i filled the areas around the fuel cell with metal. was easy enough.

i did it so i can re do it later because this is just a temp setup untill i have alot more time and money to do it the way i want it.

mike