HybridZ

Petition to speed channel

Kinked_Chrome

Come on guys, isn't it all about the money....not the viewer! It seems the latest trend (OK, maybe it's been going on for some time how) on the tube is DRAMA...idiot drama!!! It seems to interest the sheeple of the world anyway. Is that because they have no life? Understandable! Who in the heck wants to watch a bunch of whinning and bitching idiots anyway? As far as I'm concerned, shows like Unique Whips, Pinks, the behind the scenes NASCAR tabloid news shows, Two Guys Garage (numb skulls) should be thown into the circular file. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PLAIN OLD RACING?

Come on guys, isn't it all about the money....not the viewer! It seems the latest trend (OK, maybe it's been going on for some time how) on the tube is DRAMA...idiot drama!!! It seems to interest the sheeple of the world anyway. Is that because they have no life? Understandable! Who in the heck wants to watch a bunch of whinning and bitching idiots anyway? As far as I'm concerned, shows like Unique Whips, Pinks, the behind the scenes NASCAR tabloid news shows, Two Guys Garage (numb skulls) should be thown into the circular file. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PLAIN OLD RACING?

OMFG isn't that the truth?!! I can't stand "reality" TV, and when it came to SPEED I almost had an aneurysm. Unique Whips and Pinks are so bad that just catching a 2 second bit of the commercial for either as I'm flipping by SPEED makes me vomit in my mouth.

I do watch the Two Guys Garage show and I realize that every show is an infomercial, but at least there isn't any manufactured feuding going on between the guys on the show, and at least they dyno their **** before and after to "prove" the mod that they're doing. They actually had a pretty good one about supercharging the GM 5.3L the other day. Made 400 whp afterwards, I was impressed.

Um, Speed has been playing F1 for 10 years, going on 11 years now. You might miss the races because they're aired live and rarely replayed at normal times. Most the european races are around 2-4am Saturday night for me. They also play the 2nd practice and all the qualifying live (more or less).

I've only been watching the WRC on Speed for 3 years now, so I don't know if they used to air the stages as they happened or if they always did the recap show after the rally was over.

Their coverage of Rolex, ALMS and various other american road racing series is pretty good. But I totally agree, all the nascar shows suck and I don't exactly hate watching nascar.

I agree. They need a whole lot more WRC and related coverage. They also need to replay more the F1 and other (read: non-roundy round) races.

Davy

Um' date=' Speed has been playing F1 for 10 years, going on 11 years now. You might miss the races because they're aired live and rarely replayed at normal times. Most the european races are around 2-4am Saturday night for me. They also play the 2nd practice and all the qualifying live (more or less).

Their coverage of Rolex, ALMS and various other american road racing series is pretty good. But I totally agree, all the nascar shows suck and I don't exactly hate watching nascar.[/quote']

Agreed, in all fairness, they do a pretty good job of covering the F1 races, including the practice and qualifying sessions. Granted most of the coverage is on at odd times, but this last season on more than a few occasions they have tape delayed it for mid afternoon. Plus I actually enjoy being able to sit down later at night and watch the qualifying anyways. With the growing list of Tivo viewers and what not, this is becoming less of an issue.

I suppose they could add more discussion programs about the other venues. That's always been a pet peeve of mine, it seems like they almost drill the NASCAR stuff into your head and try to "convert" everyone into fans. I sometimes find it a bit depressing how much I actually know about NASCAR, and I can't stand it!

I would like to see more of the Runoffs than just a one time showing. So if you missed a particular race you would have a chance to catch another replay of it sometime. Instead you get Nascar shoved down your throat with day after day of that roundy roundy crap. I saw a tee shirt once at the Runoffs that said "Too stupid for opera, too smart for Nascar"

I think the reason that the SPEED Channel is basically the "Nascar Channel" is due to the fact that FOX purchased Speedvision in 2001. Then FOX and Nascar entered into an 8-year agreement to bascally ruin the Speedvision channel and show a bunch of Nascar crap.

I signed it. I haven't had access to Speedvision in about 4 or 5 years because the cable I was stuck with didn't have it. Moved into a new place a few months back and now I have Speed again. I couldn't believe how much it sucks now. Seems like every time I flip on Speed after work, that worthless show Pinks is on, or some other garbage. What the hell happened to the racing?

• 4 weeks later...