HybridZ

Decided on wheels!

Well after contemplating ccw's i just couldnt justify spending $2200 on a set of rollers right now.

SO, after speaking to centerline, and figuring out that they will build me a set of 4x114.3 pattern wheels but with the 9.5" wide hoop, for hte money, i couldnt pass up. Plus, it will be different, no z has these yet

504thruster.jpg

Now they dont look too promising in those pictures because centerline doesnt know how to advertise wheels, BUT....here is the potential

wheelcenters.jpg

I am thinking about going even darker, like anthracite or even black centers.

THose are also 17x9.5, which is what I got. ALso going with 5" backspacing and coilovers, with 275/40/17 tires all around on ZG flares, how will this work out?

I will most likely need coilovers, which is fine. BTW, for the money, this simply cant be beat for a 2 piece, FORGED wheel that weighs like 19lb.

Centerline just needs to start designing better wheels, they have the technology and money, just need better designers. I think this is the best wheel they have as far as simplicity and non bling, spokes are straight and flat, just how i like them.

More to come.

backspacing will be 5" rear, 5.25" front to give the rear 1/4" more lip to create a sort of stager.

This should clear with coilovers. I went with the slightly larger backspacing because I want to clear the 275 tires with the zg flares and not rub on them

Nice idea nazar on the painted centers. Anthracite would look good. Are the rims and tires yours?

its a special order, custom made from centerline, so it will take a few weeks to get here, those are the exact wheels, with a brushed center, and I actually like the way it looks without those HIDEOUS centercaps centerline gives you.

I will most likely do anthracite painted centers. The car is that factory gray color, it should go nicely with it. SHould give the car a nice, fat aggressive look with plenty of lip. Here is a 5.25 bs 17x9.5 all around on a mustang, still has good lip

racing19.jpg

racing17.jpg

i have a set on mine and really like them. As soon as I can get the pic' date=' i will post it up.

http://www.pbase.com/rsrock/image/52835429/medium

here is the link, i can't make it display here...

bastard;)

Just kidding, what size and offset did you get? I think im going to have the local shop here paint the centers flat black,they painted my buddies car a flat black(not spray paint, a proffesional paint job, really smoooth look) I think it will look badass

Looks like you may have the 16x8? or 17x8?

they are 16x9.5 with 5.25bs. With another .5bs they would tuck up under the fender nice. There is enough extra material there that i still might have them done...

A freind of mine got a set of these for his 240Z last summer. His were only 15"x8" with 225 tires. Fit great and looked great as well. As soon as I can figure out how to post a pic on this thread I can show you what it looks like on a 240Z. Hints?

1. Upload the picture to the photo album area.

2. Go to the picture in the album, right click on it and select Properties.

3. Copy the location of the picture from the Properties window.

4. Make a new post here, and paste the location.

5. Put image tags around the location like so (img)http://www.locationofthepicture.com(/img), but use [] instead of ()

6. Drink a beer in celebration of posting a picture to hybridz.

7. Have another :cheers:

im having a local bodyshop paint the centers flat black like they painted my buddies car, very clean and smooth look.

It will have that CCW finish to them. Cant wait, with the flares and lip should look killer I hope

I never liked centerlines idea of polishing the whole wheel, totally takes away from the 2 piece look, too much bling for me

oh, and centerlines center capps, jeez, wtf were they thinking? THey got multimilion dollar machines but a designer that needs to be shot

They can easily produce wheels like ccw, hre, etc...for 1/2 the price, why not? Some redneck designer sitting back there making yuky wheels....

This is hte only wheel, with a painted center, and no center caps that i think looks dope, the pics with the mustang with no center caps totally makes the wheel look better, almost reminds me of that jongbloed wheel...

• 2 months later...